How do you go about making a Payment Module?

bacowarrior

I have been building a shop for a client who has the Barclays ePDQ Merchant Account. They have been wanting to integrate this within their shop but trying to figure out creating a module is a bit of a mine field.

What I am after is a full payment module where users select to pay via Debit or Credit Card, then be transferred to Barclays secure site where the order number and amount is charged, users fill out their card details, pay then be returned to the shop's order complete page.

When drafting up a module like this, what would I need? How many different files would I need and what do I use to transfer the order amount and number to this page?

if you aren't familiar with development of payment modules, it's better to hire someone for this, this is important part of shop and ... you're dealing with customers money... this is my point of view.

if you want to develop it, check how the paypal module works, and check paypal module code

it works very similar to your expectactions

• Like 1

Hiring a professional seems like an easy option but a costly one. Some have charged £140+ tax for it and I know you need something that works. After speaking with Barclays, they say that it shouldn't be anything that I pay for and have given me an integration guide to work from.

I will use the Paypal module as a guide and adapt everything I need to configure this payment module. I will update people of my progress and carry out a load of testing to see how it does. 

Bacowarrior, whoever you spoke to at Barclaycard isn't fully informed.

There's an existing module so frankly it's not worth developing your own.  It costs £140, but it is guaranteed to work, and integrates very closely with your customer's Prestashop environment, so they don't need to use the ePDQ back office to refund or cancel a transaction, or see the transaction history.

If the ePDQ subscription includes the dynamic payment page, the look and feel of the payment page will automatically mimic the checkout page and the end customer isn't aware they've been redirected.  If the ePDQ subscription includes the API, further magic is achievable including setting up scheduled and regular payments, tokenisation and other features, all from Prestashop.  Finally, for an additional £50 the publisher will actually do the integration between Prestashop and ePDQ.

I know everybody likes a free module, but the guarantee it will work alone is worth this, and so much development time is saved whilst enabling features you probably wouldn't get to touch yourself.

I don't work for them BTW !  You can find what you need here http://www.sellxed.com/shop/en/prestashop-payment-module-barclaycard.html

Good luck.