[SOLVED] Mail configuration problem 1.5.6.1

Hi I am new to prestashop and I am struggling to configure my mail I am getting the below error.

Error: Please check your configuration
Expected response code(s) [250] but got response [553 sorry, the sender name and auth login doesn't coincide (#5.7.1)]

what does this mean and what is the solution?

Regards

Kagan

hello

you use some external smtp sever, may i know which one?

this error means:

Your ISP to the rescue

As junk e-mail volumes increased, network administrators  — the people responsible for managing your ISP servers — began placing restrictions on their SMTP e-mail servers. These restrictions help prevent just anyone from using, or abusing, an e-mail server. Think of it like this — a telephone in the lobby of your organization was available for anyone to use whether they worked at your organization or not. Now only the employees are permitted to use that phone.

There are several types of restrictions in use today:

• Require SMTP authentication     Just as you must use a password to access your POP3 (incoming) server for your e-mail messages, this option requires that you provide a user name and password to send e-mail messages through the SMTP server. Usually, these are the same user name and password used for the POP3 server; however, they can be unique.
  • Require that you connect to the ISP POP3 (incoming) e-mail server first     When you connect to retrieve your new e-mail messages, you typically connect to a POP3 (incoming) e-mail server. You are required to provide a user name and password to access your mailbox. A network administrator can configure the server so that if you first connect and authenticate with the POP3 e-mail server, it will approve any request that you make to send an e-mail message through the normally restricted SMTP outbound server.
  • Require that you connect from an authorized network location     When you are at home and you dial your ISP or if you have a cable or DSL modem, you are directly connecting to the ISP network. You are trusted in that you have an account with the ISP with a user name and password. You are authorized to use the SMTP server to send e-mail messages because you are a customer.
  • Require that you connect from a specific IP address or range of IP addresses Your ISP might authorize access to the SMTP server to people who are not connected directly to the network. A remote user at an office can use this option. However, a major problem is that many places have what are called dynamic IP addresses. Each time that you connect, you are not assured of having the same IP address. Some companies might have a reserved block or range of IP addresses. Your ISP can authorize connections from those IP addresses as approved users. Your ISP can provide you with additional information.

Thank you for your response Vekia, I have solved the issue. The mail in preferences > store contacts didn't match the mail in Advanced parameters > E-mail. Making them same solved the problem.

Regards

Kagan

The reason for this is that Prestashop uses the "store contacts" email address as the "From" in all emails that it sends.  Your SMTP gateway likely enforces that the "From" be the same as your SMTP User.  If it is not, this is called "relay" and most modern SMTP gateways prevent this because it usually signifies spam.

• 8 months later...

Please post your smtp parameters here ( hide your account informations first ).

I search, and found lots of topics regarding this problem between prestashop and zohomail, and same problem i have with my hoster's smtp servers..And not even a solution, either in presta forum or in zoho forum.

I use exactly the same parameters i use for mail clients.

smtp.zoho.com, username and password, SSL 465

Edited by gerstavros (see edit history)

I search, and found lots of topics regarding this problem between prestashop and zohomail, and same problem i have with my hoster's smtp servers..And not even a solution, either in presta forum or in zoho forum.

I use exactly the same parameters i use for mail clients.

smtp.zoho.com, username and password, SSL 465

SSL -> Do you turn mod_ssl on ?

• 2 weeks later...