PS Newbie with a question /Fatal Error SQL Syntax

Hello, New to PS but have been programming and administrating site for a long time, but in an IIS environment. I write in ColdFusion and many other disciplines but as stated, PrestaShop is new. My company ventured into uncharted waters and hired a marketing firm to do a rebrand and site upgrade for one of our businesses.

They sold the Division VP on Prestashop. I kept all of our other entities in a Microsoft platform for now but built two new Dell machines, using Apache2, MySQL, phpMyAdmin and CentOS 5.10 for my OS. The reason for two is a redundant backup thought I have partitioned the drives for RAID 1. So, they created a stage site for us to look at and for me to get my feet wet starting out. The sent me the site files and the MySQL db to which I Ftp'd onto the new server. I had already prepared a basic PS store from the tutorials around and they work just as advertised but the bought files do not.

They insist all their work is good to go so as it is not working I must admit to the possibility I have not done something correctly, which I am secure enough to admit is possible.  The problem basically is that I do not know how to trouble shoot it. I enabled error reporting but that offers little. My first concern is the PrestaShopException Shop not found. I rarely ask people to do my job for me and I am not asking that now but if someone could tell me the general flow of trouble shooting and understanding the mapping in the errors to get this thing going, that would be a huge help.

Thanks and I apologize for the long winded question but I also didn't want to just ask rudely without a little background about my self.  The attachemtns are the Shop error and the Admin error

admin_error.txt

Shop_error.txt

hi,

Install phpmyadmin and check the configuration table of the database (by default it's ps_configuration) if there is a value for this name : PS_SHOP_DEFAULT

That's probably the reason. If you don't have any value for this, create an entry with value 1 and check again. Let me know if it doesn't help.

-Muktadir

Hey muktadir, I do have the ps_configuration table but it has no data. Empty set . Also, I do not actually see the label PS_SHOP_DEFAULT,  Does that help you at all. Getting into phpMyAdmin is no trouble, but it appears I have no records in that table. I looked at the database zip file they provided me and I can see an insert statement into ps_configuration that does insert a value of "1' into id_shop from the Create Table 'ps_configuration: query.

Edited by malachi_s (see edit history)