Moving Prestashop from Subdirectory to Root

Hello Everyone,

I'll be officially moving my prestasop from the subfolder to the root directory next week.  I have a plan of action in mind, but want to make sure I am not missing any steps.

I am running Prestashop 1.5.4.1  with the default theme and slight modifactions to the theme thanks to tips from vekia, nemops and many others on this site.

Currently my site is setup with Drupal and Ubercart (www.cjrfinearts.com), we are moving to Prestahshop because of ease of use and that it is not bloated and is a true cart. and not a CMS with a cart thrown in.

Our Prestashop site is currently on www.cjrfinearts.com/ps

My plan of action to move the site is as follows...

1) Back up the drupal site in case of disaster recovery and save a back up of my .htaccess file as well

2) Put Prestahsop in Maintenance Mode

3) In Prefereneces | SEO & URLS |

a. Set Shop Url from /ps to /

b. Set Friendly URLs from Yes to No

4) Move the Prestashop folders into the root directory.

5) Once the move is done, I'm going to log back into the Back Office and Enable the Shop

as well as enable Friendly URLs.  This shoudl rewrite the .htaccess file

6) Update any hard coded URLs I have in the CMS Menus and Top Horizontal Menu

I think that is it.  Please, if anyone else has done this before, let me know if I'm missing any steps.  I did search the forum, however the posts were outdated and didn't seem to match 1.5.4.1 directly.

All the best.

Good news.  We are up and running.  We've gotten positive feedback so far, but have only had the new site up for less than 24 hours.

Please check it out if you can.

www.cjrfinearts.com

The only issue we ran into yesterday was that the PaypalUSA module stopped working.  It would take the money in paypal, but the order would never come thru on the Back Office, nor would any notification be sent to the merchant or customer. And it charged double tax.

This topic helped: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/282164-paypal-payment-but-no-orders/

I ended up downloading the Paypal module from GitHub as suggested in the above topic and that did the trick.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-modules/tree/master/paypal

Other than that it seems to be doing well.

Thank you everyone who have helped me make this site possible (there are too many of you to name individually and it's a long list)

I've been very impressed with this forum and I hope to be able to be a positive contributor in the future.

UPDATE:  So we had our first sale from the site today, and the customer did a Guest Checkout.  Unfortunately it allowed him to purchase the item without putting in the required state.  So the order came through with errors.  Paypal, didn't accept the order, because it was an incomplete address and the tax was not charged.  I had to change controllers/front/AuthController.php at line 500 as suggested by the link below so we should not be having this issue again (See Post 54)
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/225187-solvedpaypal-express-checkout-error-the-field-shipping-address-state-is-required/page-3

Edited by cjrent (see edit history)
  • Like 1