Multistore with it own domain problem

Hi everyone. I am using prestashop to manage my online store and it works quite good. But I want to start another shop (no shared customers or products, even categories are different).

I created a new store with multistore option enabled. No I have domain to my basic, default store - for example. my.store.com. It's pointed to my raw url on hosting (pattern account.hosting.com).

I set up new store to have virtual url like my.store.com/second-store/ and pointed there new domain (for example my-second.store.com).
But when I enter my-second.store.com into the browser, it changes to my.store.com/second-store/ - and I don't want that going on. Is it a way to fix this?

Edited by Szorstki (see edit history)

Hi everyone. I am using prestashop to manage my online store and it works quite good. But I want to start another shop (no shared customers or products, even categories are different).

I created a new store with multistore option enabled. No I have domain to my basic, default store - for example. my.store.com. I set up new store to have virtual url like my.store.com/second-store/ and pointed there new domain (for example my-second.store.com).

But when I enter my-second.store.com into the browser, it changes to my.store.com/second-store/ - and I don't want that going on. Is it a way to fix this?

The best way is to get a 'new' url, you are basically using your existing url by extending the it with /2ndstore/.

I suppose using a subdomain name (park/alias) the subdomain to your main domain would look better :)  2ndstore/yourexistingdomain.whatever

Does your original domain and/or new shop sell in more than one country? 

I have new domain for the second store, I want only to have two stores with one prestashop installation... How do I get "new url" for the second store (instead of extending old domain)?

Domain from the default shop is my.store.com pointed to account.hosting.com - just like after default prestashop installation. It was working.

Now how do I set up new domain my-second.store.com (it's not a subdomain, it's completely new domain, the "store.com" maybe is just a wrong example). So let's say that new domain second.com must be set up to the created multistore shop... Wher it should be poinetd? account.hosting.com/second-store/ don't work. And my.store.com/second-store/... works, but after entering my new domain (second.com) it's loading what it should (second-store) and what is not wanted - domain in browser changes from second.com to my.store.com/second-store/

So actually my new domain for second store is used only to enter to the shop www, and than changes to ugly url from prestashop multistore options. I just want my domain second.com to stay "alive" in browser adress bar.

In the case of subfolder stores, make sure to create two URLs for each store: one with the "www.", one without it. 
Otherwise, customers trying to access your secondary store without the "www." in the URL will be redirected to your main store.

As far as I know htacces does that, and this is not the problem I'm trying figure out. 

Hi, okay so when you added a new shop did you add a new shop or new shop group.

I believe if you have a totally separate domain you need to add it as a new shop group, you will still have only one installation. 

It's no difference if I add new shop to another group or to the default - it's problem with setting completely new domain for the second store.

I've done this, but new domain (for example second.com) is set to my.store.com/second-store/ (so old domain + name of the new store)... it works only when I enter to the new shop, and than the "second.com" in the adress bar changes to the "my.store.com/second-store/" and I really don't want it to work like that.

How do I keep new domain for the added multistore?

Please don't respond if you don't understand the problem. I can't descripe it in a simpler way.

I'm sorry if I don't understand the problem you are having, I am only trying to help based on the information you have given. Let's try again to understand. 

Do you want to have two separate domains www.first.com and www.second.com and STILL share the same back-office, quantities stock etc..

In this way, there would be NO www.first.com/second or second.first.com ??

• Like 1

I'm sorry if I don't understand the problem you are having, I am only trying to help based on the information you have given. Let's try again to understand. 

Do you want to have two separate domains www.first.com and www.second.com and STILL share the same back-office, quantities stock etc..

In this way, there would be NO www.first.com/second or second.first.com ??

Once again - the raw url given from hosting is myaccount.hosting.com. I've installed there prestashop and started using it with my own domain www.first.com. No problem - because domain pointed to a raw url just worked.

Now I want to start new online store www.second.com, so I enabled multistore and... The only option now is to give this new store new virtual url like www.first.com/second/ - is there any other way to connect easily new domain www.second.com with store created with multistore function? 

Connecting domain www.second.com with www.first.com/second/ is acceptable (in "backend"), but when I enter to my new store by using www.second.com - this address changes in the browser address bar to www.first.com/second/ - and this cannot happen.

How to fix this new, second.com domain? How to set up prestashop multistore for two separate domains?

I just want www.second.com to work as www.first.com.

Maybe I have to add virtual url for the first store too? And then change www.first.com from myaccount.hosting.com to myaccount.hosting.com/first/ ? And then change www.second.com to myaccount.hosting.com/second ?

This all is confusing, there is lack of information how to set up domains with new stores.

Maybe this will help: (note this is to add an additional shop with distinct domain)

1. add new shop group..since both shops are different then best to separate them by group...

2. then select the new group on the right

3. add new shop, save

4. select shop in new group

5. set main url enabled, domain www.secondshop.com  ssl same

6. physical url /

you should then be good to go, now you will navigate to www. secondshop.com...

for cpanel, park www.seconddomain.com to first domain name

for plesk alias www.seconddomain.com to first domain name

Maybe this will help: (note this is to add an additional shop with distinct domain)

1. add new shop group..since both shops are different then best to separate them by group...

2. then select the new group on the right

3. add new shop, save

4. select shop in new group

5. set main url enabled, domain www.secondshop.com  ssl same

6. physical url /

you should then be good to go, now you will navigate to www. secondshop.com...

for cpanel, park www.seconddomain.com to first domain name

for plesk alias www.seconddomain.com to first domain name

I've done that.

First domain works perfectly - as it was earlier.

Both domain are set to physical url "/" - in the cpanel and prestashop multistore preferences.

I don't know why, but when I enter "www.second.com" - I get "www.first.com/second", there is no redirection like that anywhere. I deleted .htaccess file, but no improvement. Don't know how to fix that :/

EDIT

On the list of shop groups... there is a select field with default shop. I switched from first.com to second.com and... voila. Everyhing works as it should. WTF Prestashop, seriously... It's ridiculous setting.