No customer info received by Paypal

SeadT

I have the Paypal 1.2.7 module installed and running on Prestashop 1.5.5.0. Everything seems to be working fine and I can complete the transactions. The only issue is that there is no customer information being sent to my Paypal account. Im not sure if this is Paypal or Prestashop problem. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I am having same problem .I am using paypal advanced.credit card charge,but paypal does not have any info about customer email or address.

I just get email from paypal for NOT PROVIDED  customer payment

I worked with too many shopping cart,and paypal is most easy part of shopping cart to configure.

and looks like this is just for US and Canada module.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning im having a problem..

Im  using paypal advance .. ones i  enter the credit card # i get message prepossessing payment after 5 seconds i get redirected to  the home page  i contacted paypal  and they told me that credit card transaction is rejected because PS is not sending the billing address over can some one point me on how to fix this problems...

• 2 months later...

I have an address both in Store Contacts and in Block Contacts. I can't see anywhere else to add one. 

I don't think that is the issue. PayPal needs the address of the credit card holder to approve the transaction. That information is not being passed to PayPal so all the transactions fail. 

I purchased the module. Installed it. Entered all my account information. Went to my store to test it and made a purchase with no issue. Logged into PayPal Manager and my funds are there. The whole thing took a couple of minutes to install and it works.

I use 1-page checkout and out of the box where the iframe was on the free module you now have images of credit cards and a link that takes you to a new page with the PayPal iframe. That is fine and would make sense if you had more than one payment option but since PayPal advanced is the only option I might want the iframe below the shipping. I've e-mailed Presto-Changeo should get a response shortly. It is likely something I can change. If not who cares a working payment processor is more important than a minor preference in placement.

This is my second Presto-Changeo module -- I have Attribute Wizard Pro as well. I'm really happy with both. They have also been helpful when I was tire-kicking their FedEx module. In the end I found a workable but not perfect solution so did not buy FedEx but might in the future. I see there is a module for $50 from a different vendor but I found a topic with someone complaining about it and having a past relationship with Presto-Changeo paying $100 for something that is going to work and which comes with support if I needed it (didn't but nice to know it is there) was an easy choice. 

Edited by Naldinho (see edit history)

Yes. That is the version number. It is the only PayPal Advanced Presto-Changeo sells. They have a PayPal Pro module so just make sure to get the Advanced not the Pro

As for the embedding issue I asked about I feel stupid as there was a radio box for that right in the middle of the config screen that I totally just didn't see. 

• 4 weeks later...

I got Paypal Advanced module form modulebazaar ($49). Set it up, and it works somehow. The payments are being processed, the orders are being created. The problems I have:

1) If I need to refund- it doesn't help to put a refund q-ty for the according product and hit "refund" button. No refund is happening. So I need to login to Paypal to initiate the refund from there

2) Shipping address is not being sent to Paypal and that is causing elimination of Paypal seller protection as well as there is no "create shipping" option on PayPal.

I called to PayPal and they told that shopping cart is not sending the shipping address to PayPal.

Edited by HETPE3B (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same problem...when a customer pays with a CC, it acts like it's processing but then in the back office I get a 'payment error' due to the address. Frustrating!!

I checked presto change but they don't have the module for prestashop V1.6 yet. So at this point I am stuck.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate your assistance!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

For some reason prestashop doesnt have a fix for this? To be honest i never imagined we would just be left stranded with a major issue like this.

Im using default prestashop theme 1.6.0.11

Paypal V 3.8.1 (europe)

Were in Asia (philipines)

It was working fine and then it just stopped working. Customers would be displayed an error page or a blank page after ordering. We successfully receive the paypal payment but the order doesnt ever show in the Back office.

Can some one from the prestashop Development team help with this issue?

Prestashop development team does not read the forums.  You are also using a module that is no longer supported by Prestashop, but by 202 ecommerce.

You are also posting in a topic that has nothing to do with your issue.  This topic is about Paypal USA module (not Paypal Europe) and Paypal not receiving customer information.  You should create your own topic to report your issue

Your options are

1) Go to the addons store, locate the paypal europe module, and then contact the module author and report the issue and then wait

2) Open a Prestashop forge report and hope they do not close it

3) Create your own topic and hope someone from the community will assist

4) Create your own topic in the paid jobs forum and hire a freelancer to help fix the module issue

Bellini, my advice to you is stick to offering people help, that is why people are here. If you feel the need to police people just stop typing LOL. I'm sure you're just trying to help but the purpose of posting on this forum is to get support from the community or who ever is willing to offer it. 

It would be ridiculous to start a new thread for every single person who has a slightly different version of prestashop or different version module, the forum would be flooded with different threads for the same problem but the can be fixed by the same solution. Having read through the forums looking for a fix i noticed people have found fixes even when their versions dont match exactly the original posters versions. I actually do have my own thread open though about this discussion in general but i'm also joining in on other peoples threads who have the same problem. 

This topic is about paypal sending payment but not creating orders in the back office, which is my exact problem. We are both using prestashop, and we are both using paypal module so it is 100% relevant. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bellini, my advice to you is stick to offering people help, that is why people are here. If you feel the need to police people just stop typing LOL. I'm sure you're just trying to help but the purpose of posting on this forum is to get support from the community or who ever is willing to offer it. 

It would be ridiculous to start a new thread for every single person who has a slightly different version of prestashop or different version module, the forum would be flooded with different threads for the same problem but the can be fixed by the same solution. Having read through the forums looking for a fix i noticed people have found fixes even when their versions dont match exactly the original posters versions. I actually do have my own thread open though about this discussion in general but i'm also joining in on other peoples threads who have the same problem. 

This topic is about paypal sending payment but not creating orders in the back office, which is my exact problem. We are both using prestashop, and we are both using paypal module so it is 100% relevant. 

you were given good advice, it is poor forum usage to hihack others threads....if you have issue with other forum member post, then you report it, the original poster of topic nor anyone else wants to hear your justification for posting your issue on another topic.  

read this: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/394258-tip-how-to-posting-your-questionissue-in-paypal-section/

it's like the wild wild west in this section of the forum, I am thankful for bellini13's continued assistance here....

Not with the built in module, as I have seen more people that are using PayPal Advanced account complain about this issue.

I can recommend our module, which works correctly and sends the customer's shipping and billing info.

http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/payment-modules/109-paypal-advanced.html

So If I buy your module Do I keep the PayPal module I already have and just disable the "Advance" portion of it

and then install your module

Or do I just use your module and disable the whole other module ? 

Regards rick

El Patron, I was not asking for your opinion and nobody wanted to read Bellinis non helpful post either (the one i replied to), they also dont want to read your non helpful posts. keep your posts on topic and keep them about helping the prestashop community. These forums are not your personal website for you to just solicit your services. This forum is for prestashop users to find solutions from the community.

Supershafty - Yes we were able to find the solution for this problem thankfully, it plagued us for several weeks and cost us a lot of money working with paypal enginners & developers, we tried a ALOT of different solutions and we discovered there were several causes. This has effected alot of prestashop users however El Patron might start crying because he doesn't want anyone to write on this thread anymore even though this thread ranks no.1 in google search for this problem and everyone will be landing on this thread looking for the answer to this problem, for some reason el patron and bellini believe its best to open your own thread and then everybody will have to search and try and hope they find that thread. Just PM me when you open your new thread and ill post the answer on your new thread.

El Patron, I was not asking for your opinion and nobody wanted to read Bellinis non helpful post either (the one i replied to), they also dont want to read your non helpful posts. keep your posts on topic and keep them about helping the prestashop community. These forums are not your personal website for you to just solicit your services. This forum is for prestashop users to find solutions from the community.

Supershafty - Yes we were able to find the solution for this problem thankfully, it plagued us for several weeks and cost us a lot of money working with paypal enginners & developers, we tried a ALOT of different solutions and we discovered there were several causes. This has effected alot of prestashop users however El Patron might start crying because he doesn't want anyone to write on this thread anymore even though this thread ranks no.1 in google search for this problem and everyone will be landing on this thread looking for the answer to this problem, for some reason el patron and bellini believe its best to open your own thread and then everybody will have to search and try and hope they find that thread. Just PM me when you open your new thread and ill post the answer on your new thread.

Post created............PM Sent....Thanks for your help

Regards rick