Modify my prestashop

Actually I didn't buy one, it just came with prestahop ( http://mazziostore.com/tienda/index.php )and I need to make some modifications to the webside.

I found that I can move things and delete them, but not increase the size of the imagen and change color, etc. I want my webside looks like this http://www.madshop.net/store/

Thx for your time! 

maurizio

using firefox, download firebug extension...is simply a must have extension for any website owner....

start right clicking on elements of your shop, and notice the information on the right.

spend a little time  learning...note: you can change the elements by double clicking to view what say a css change would look like in real time...

and of course back up any file you might need to modify.

• Like 1

Hi!, thank you all of you for your patience! and sorry for my english!  ^_^ , my PS verision is 1.5.6.1, so Patron you were saying that if I download frebug extension I can customize my webside?, because I see lots of websides that have been customize from the original like madshop.net.

Thx

Maurizio

Well, I think we need to clarify a bit :)

Firebug is just a tool.

To edit the template , you must know html, css, and, ideally, smarty.

So, if you know these, you can easily use firebug to find out what to modify and how. If you don't, the best solution is to use a pre-made template, in my opinion ;)

• Like 1

firebug is just a tool...but what a tool...i wrote gml using terminal hooked to mainframe...we did not even have spell checker..jajaja..now all the free tools is amazing...

with this (or something similar) you can do small tweaks without getting into .tpl and controller changes....those can wait as you  gain experience in those areas...most things can be handled (content) from native prestashop translations.

but one must start somewhere...and it's best to learn on your own rather than relying on others to do it for you.

• Like 1