Move products into new category...Help!

Hi all, I need some advice.

I added a good amount of products in my catalog of PrestaShop in a generic category. Now I was asked to divide them into several subcategories, but I would like to avoid doing it one by one. Any advice?

Thank you very much!

I would go about it with the help of the CSV import functionality.

CSV import isn't useful only when we want to create new products/categories/customers etc. It can also be used to update already existing information.

So, you can open your favorite spreadsheet application or text editor and assemble the IDs of all the products you want to change and the IDs of the new category each product should be moved to. For example, say you had 2 products with IDs 1345 and 1346. You want to move the first one to a category with ID 15 and the second one to a category with ID 16. Your CSV file could look like this:

ID;Categories
1345;15
1346;16
Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

Parsifal your a genius! that worked! I was thinking about buying a module to do this but I dont need to now! so I wondering if there is a way to to this some how to update pricing ...I know I can do that by exporting then changing pricing and importing back in and i exported once but now I cant remember how I did it or where that option is in PS??? But what does the message in green mean about rebuildong serach index see screen shot:

http://prntscr.com/29oxuz