Part Number Lookup

aliasfox

I have experience with PrestaShop but you could still call me a noob because of some limited knowlege. I work for a company setting up a shopping cart/eCommerce site for a client. They requested someone out of my expertise, a custom part number lookup. While I have added all database values and tables needed, I need help with doing executing the database query and returning the results on the same page as the search results, but I would like these results to only show if someone is logged in and only show the values according to their account.

In theory this should be relatively easy, I know the logic I want but getting it to work is proving difficult.

Looking for someone to help with this problem and the boss has approved the help and expense.

Please contact me for more details.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this a customer front office field, or something for the merchant/employee in the back office?  Feel free to contact me via PM and we can discuss the additional details required.  I'll need to better understand the data being stored and how it needs to be queried and displayed.

Hello, I suppose that the results of the research are based on the group assigned to the customer.

Just give greater weight to the field search for reference (example 10) and you'll get search results based on the product code.

If you want to display search results only after you have logged on, you must enter a controller, which allows searching in specified categories to logged in users only.

The rest of the users (not logged in) will continue to look at the prices of the group by default.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not think we need to spend money on this.