Template (TPL) compile error for no reason.

Version: 1.5.6.0

File: /admin1234/themes/default/template/controllers/products/informations.tpl

I go into this file.

After the {/if}, I add a new line.

I remove the newline.

{/if} line 29

<input ... line 30

I save the file.

Now I go into backend: Catelog > Products to get product listing ... OK

Click on Ipod Nano ... White screen of death

Follow is in php_error.log file

[16-Nov-2013 20:07:48 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "C:\wamp apps\prestashop\admin9134\themes\default\template\controllers\products\informations.tpl"  on line 64 "mytab[mytab.length] = {data: data, value: data.name};"  - Unexpected ": ", expected one of: "}" , " " , ATTR' in C:\wamp apps\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667
Stack trace:
#0 C:\wamp apps\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error()
#1 C:\wamp apps\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3209): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(2, ': ')
#2 C:\wamp apps\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(105): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(2, ': ')
#3 C:\wamp apps\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(206): S in C:\wamp apps\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 667

[16-Nov-2013 20:09:06 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template "C:\wamp apps\prestashop\admin9134\themes\default\template\controllers\products\informations.tpl"  on line 64 "mytab[mytab.length] = {data: data, value: data.name};"  - Unexpected ": ", expected one of: "}" , " " , ATTR' in C:\wamp apps\prestashop\tools\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:667
Stac

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any idea?

Using Prestashop 1.5.6.1 now.

This error is reproducible by anyone.

Make any change to the file and force a smarty compile. (Add new line and remove it and save)

Next time you edit an individual product (ie edit the product), you will get a smarty compile error.

Does anyone know why?

I would like to make a change to this file but cannot.

Does anyone have any idea?

Using Prestashop 1.5.6.1 now.

This error is reproducible by anyone.

Make any change to the file and force a smarty compile. (Add new line and remove it and save)

Next time you edit an individual product (ie edit the product), you will get a smarty compile error.

Does anyone know why?

I would like to make a change to this file but cannot.

can you attach the failing file please