Pick Up Option for 40 Physical Stores - not possible to choose?

Hi

I have version 1.5.6 and i am having some dificulties with the pick up in store option.

I've set up the carrier with the value "0" for the pick in store has explained and the option appears on the check out with the name of the store.

However I have 40 physical stores, I need the client to choose in what store he wants to pick it up.

I need to each store setup a store has a carrier? this makes no sense, i had the idea that it was possible for the client to choose in the next step what is the store we're he wants to pick you the order.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

if you develop the functionality, it will be possible.  Prestashop does not associated the carrier to any of your defined stores, or allow the customer to choose.

You could develop something that lists out all of the stores under the carrier section, and then save this information into the customer message area of the order.  Or something more complicated, would be to define a new database column for the selected store.

So there is no develop modules? I am trying to search, but all topics that appear under multiple stores is about the multiplestore function and not abou this.

I am using one page checkout, but what i would like is if the costumer chooses this option, it either opens a sub-menu to choose the store or after confirming the order a new page appears with the list of stores.

Maybe i will need to find someone to develop this to me.

Since you did not find one in your searching, I'll assume a module does not exist.

So as I suggested in my previous reply, I would add a section under the carrier selection during checkout (does not matter if it is one page or not).  If the 'store pickup' option is selected, then dynamically display the list of stores so the customer can choose which one to use.

I can create a module that does the above, however I charge for my services.

Some questions...

1) Where are your 40 stores defined?

2) Where should the selected store be saved? 

3) Where should the selected store be shown?

I don't need to have have it choosen by region. I am on a small country and it's usual for someone in a trip or that works in a diferent region than he lives to pickup the product in a store that is not nearby his address.

I just think that it does not make sense to create a carrier for each store when i have all stores created in the store locations has well that does not make sense that a client that wants to receive at home (most of the times is what happens) to have to look at a list of 40 stores in the check-out.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I will repost my previous response since it seems to go unnoticed.  It does not appear this function or module exists, so I have offered to create it.  However requirements need to be defined (see below)

Since you did not find one in your searching, I'll assume a module does not exist.

So as I suggested in my previous reply, I would add a section under the carrier selection during checkout (does not matter if it is one page or not).  If the 'store pickup' option is selected, then dynamically display the list of stores so the customer can choose which one to use.

I can create a module that does the above, however I charge for my services.

Some questions...

1) Where are your 40 stores defined?

2) Where should the selected store be saved? 

3) Where should the selected store be shown?

As i have in mind how this must work:

customer go to checkout and in carier step he choosing "pick up in store", after he choose this option, drop down button appear with store addresses.

In admin need possibility to enter shop addresses, and also in backed of order view, need to see somewhere, what address customer chooses.

Ok, So I will assume the following

1) You are using PS v1.5

2) You would define your stores in Preferences > Store Contacts

3) The "pick up in store" carrier would be the carrier whose name is the number 0.  This is how Prestashop determines pick up in store. "For in-store pickup, enter 0 to replace the carrier name with your shop name."

The module would then add a new section to the carrier selection section which would provide a list of stores previously defined. Upon choosing a store, the module would store this information in a new database table, associated to the shopping cart, which would then be associated to the order.

The selected store would then be visible in the back office order detail section as well as the front office order detail.

Ok, So I will assume the following

1) You are using PS v1.5

2) You would define your stores in Preferences > Store Contacts

3) The "pick up in store" carrier would be the carrier whose name is the number 0.  This is how Prestashop determines pick up in store. "For in-store pickup, enter 0 to replace the carrier name with your shop name."

The module would then add a new section to the carrier selection section which would provide a list of stores previously defined. Upon choosing a store, the module would store this information in a new database table, associated to the shopping cart, which would then be associated to the order.

The selected store would then be visible in the back office order detail section as well as the front office order detail.

Yes, something like. How much cost will be of something like module?