Correct Permissions to allow 1 click upgrade please!

Hi - can someone please list the correct folder permissions to enable 1 click upgrade to actually work! I have tried upgrading from 1.4.9 to 1.5.5 and now from 1.5.5 to 1.5.6 on both occasions the upgrade failed part way through - the first time totally screwing my test database!

I corrected this by setting the entire Prestashop folder to 777 permissions - however this is not a huge pain having to reset to 'safe' permissions on the entire folder once installed - and not particularly smart way to do it either.

So can someone at Prestashop please state what file permissions should actually be to allow the upgrade to work properly.

Thanks

Hi - 755 permissions wouldn't work as I tried this first. The update did not finish - stalling part way through and then would not allow restoring bcackup - hence partially updated database which failed to work.

It appears I'm not the only one that has the upgrade issues. It really is about time that a RELIABLE upgrade module was developed. I've upgraded many php/MySQL ecomm and CMS systems and never had issues like the ones I do with Prestashop. It is great when runing, but updates are always a cross everything and pray experience!!!!

• Like 1