Featured Products and Top Sellers

I've seen a few threads about this in the forums, but I can't understand them…

I have the Featured Products and Top Seller blocks on my home page. I need to configure them…

Where does Top Sellers get it's list? Some of the products in my list have never sold!

How to I make a product Featured? I saw something about Categories, but I could not understand the explanation.

Hi Maury,

This does seem confusing, but hopefully we can sort it out for you.

First, the number of featured products can be determined in MODULES section.  You would need to find the Featured Products module, and then configure it.  Mine was defaulted to 8. 

Next, go to CATALOG>Products.  Then select a product.  On the left side, click on ASSOCIATIONS.  Products that are associated to the HOME category are set as Featured Products.  So, if you have 8 products, find 8 products and associate them to HOME by clicking in the checkbox.  Or, if you don't wish the product to be in the Featured products section, then un-check it.

I'm not 100% sure about the Top/Best sellers, but it's typically going to be based on your product sales.  This post in the forums was the clearest explanation I've seen of it:  http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/37253-how-do-i-add-products-to-specials-and-top-sellers-help/

I hope that helps to clear it up for you! Let us know if you still need help.

• 3 months later...

PrestaShop 1.5.6.1

To limit the number of top sellers on the best sellers page I had to edit controllers/front/BestSalesController.php around line 40

'products' => ProductSale::getBestSales($this->context->language->id, $this->p - 1, $this->n, $this->orderBy, $this->orderWay),

change to this

'products' => ProductSale::getBestSales($this->context->language->id, $this->p - 1, 6, $this->orderBy, $this->orderWay),

if you want just 6 best sellers to be listed.

• 11 months later...