Slow product save

Hi, i have a problem with my store ( www.big-foot.it ) in the BO. This is a small web store with 500 product on a shared host (aruba).

When I try to save a product it takes from 30 to 50 sec to save it.

The performance is decreased from the update of prestashop ( ver 1.5.5.0 )

I already tried to set the variable,  

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

to true but no message shows.

This is the load time of the catalog page

Tempo di caricamento:5.608s

Then it seem that the problem is on the save of the page

• Like 1

Tomerg3, thanks a lot for your help. The information is displayed on the bottom of the page.

I have resolved the issue disabling the cache on File system (Advanced option -> Performance, at the end of the page) now the page save in 3/4 sec. and also the frontend is much faster.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi there ! Tip for the community !

I had the same issue as you. All the website (front and back) was good, except the admin product page.
30-40s to wait only for saving or adding a product.
I tried everything (SQL side, disabling modules, caches.....) for hours !

And then, I found the button "disable Apache mod_security module" (prefs/ SEO&URLs). I disabled it and HOURA !
I don't understand why and what it is exactly but know it's speed ! (2-3 sec).
I'm so happy I wanted to share ;-)

Cheers !

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The strangest thing is that the shop was getting slow again after changing the Apache Security Mod setting so I changed it back and voila, shop is fast again...

Very strange behaviour that you can just flip a switch in no matter what direction and still have the effect of gaining up to 10 seconds save-time...

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

A combination of the above suggestions helped me.  I bought the module from El Patron and that worked to speed everything up except saving a product. Then I followed this advice

Tomerg3, thanks a lot for your help. The information is displayed on the bottom of the page.

I have resolved the issue disabling the cache on File system (Advanced option -> Performance, at the end of the page) now the page save in 3/4 sec. and also the frontend is much faster.

Then I did this:

Hi there ! Tip for the community !

I had the same issue as you. All the website (front and back) was good, except the admin product page.
30-40s to wait only for saving or adding a product.
I tried everything (SQL side, disabling modules, caches.....) for hours !

And then, I found the button "disable Apache mod_security module" (prefs/ SEO&URLs). I disabled it and HOURA !
I don't understand why and what it is exactly but know it's speed ! (2-3 sec).
I'm so happy I wanted to share ;-)

Cheers !

Now, all is well and the pages as well as the back office are very fast.

• 5 months later...

Hi ilovekutchi.com, yeah indeed it seems less secure. But after almost 2 years, I have noticed absolutely no problem with this trick.

Actually I'm wondering if the Apache Mod_Security module is really disabled on the server, or if it's just the prestashop Mod_Security "interface" who had a bug..

BTW, are you using the last 1.6 version?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...