[solved] Pay Pal: SERVER ERROR HTTP error 500 (UK)

jezawix

UK Pay pal problem

Hello :) 

Been trying for quite a while to sort this out on my own.. I am fairly new to presta shop and I am also still learning as far as webdesign goes.. but I am not a total noob :) 

I can purchase the items from my shop and the payments go through but I still get HTTP server error 500 and the following info (see enclosed image) 

I have managed to update Pal Pal to 3.6 and it has installed correctly but I am still getting this error.. 

Really not sure what to do now tbh.. 

Please advise xxx :)

post-705966-0-52417700-1380118416_thumb.jpg

Edited by El Patron
marked as solved (see edit history)

Ok well I must have done something different this time cause it worked... here is the error message... what should I do now?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/sites/uk-skywatch.co.uk/public_html/prestashop/tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php on line 424

This is what line 424 says :           function ($matches)

Edited by jezawix (see edit history)

Thank you very much for replying.. I really don't know how to apply that fix.. would you possibly mind explaining how to do this? :)

Hi, do you have ftp?

1. if so download file===> tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php from your website
  2. copy tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php to tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headersbkup.php
  3. open  (edit) tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php, select all the code, delete all the code
  4. revisit the fix, click raw and copy all the code and paste into the tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php opened in the previous step
  5. now upload via ftp the updated file tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php

I am going out..it may be tomorrow before I can check any response.

Ok I applied the fix - followed instructions.. I didn't understand 'click raw' but I copied and pasted the code and replaced it.

This is the message I get now..

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 3 in /home/sites/uk-skywatch.co.uk/public_html/prestashop/tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php on line 3

Fatal error: fatal flex scanner internal error--end of buffer missed in /home/sites/uk-skywatch.co.uk/public_html/prestashop/tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php on line 3 

ok done it :) Thank you for being so willing to help me :) 

Here is my error message now.. 

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/sites/uk-skywatch.co.uk/public_html/prestashop/tools/swift/Swift/Message/Headers.php on line 581

Just to let you know I now have pay pal in test mode because it's costing me money every time I process an order...
I haven't got a test account yet though... as the developer download page was messing up.. so I am using my ordinary pay pal account. 

This sounds like a similar issue to what I am experiencing.

The process is fine all the way till the cutomer makes a payment on PayPal. Then on return to my store, the customer lands on a page that doesn't display rather than the usual confirmation page with order details.

In the back end of prestashop, the order is registered, but the status isn't updated to "payment recieved from Paypal" and I have to add that status manually for an invoice to be generated.

Does this make sense?

Thanks

Louis

okay so the issue with my shop is, everything goes well all through the cart process and then you are taken to the PayPal payment screen which is all fine and then when you click confirm payment you are given an error screen. However you do receive the money for the order and in the back end of the shop you can see the order and the details and it says the payment is accepted. I have applied all the fixes that you have suggested but it's still having trouble. How do I proceed now please?

okay so the issue with my shop is, everything goes well all through the cart process and then you are taken to the PayPal payment screen which is all fine and then when you click confirm payment you are given an error screen. However you do receive the money for the order and in the back end of the shop you can see the order and the details and it says the payment is accepted. I have applied all the fixes that you have suggested but it's still having trouble. How do I proceed now please?

What does the error screen say?

the error message is different after the update

Error occurred:

Please try to contact the merchant:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2013-10-09T13:13:01Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

the error message is different after the update

Error occurred:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2013-10-09T13:13:01Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

update your  paypal api credentials...and save them...then test

ok I checked my API and updated.. the info appeared to be teh same.. #

error message now..

home.gif > Your shopping cart > PayPal
Error occurred:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2013-10-09T13:27:04Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002

well it worked!! :) I took it out of test mode and it worked.. weird because before when it was in live mode it didn't work.. but that appears to have done it!! :) OMg.. is it actually fixed...~? I'll be in touch :D thanks for sticking with me through this.. you are tech angels!! Xx

home.gif > Order confirmation

Order confirmation

Your order on UK SKY WATCH is complete. 

You have chosen the PayPal method. 

Your order will be sent very soon. 

For any questions or for further information, please contact our customer support.

Total of the transaction (taxes incl.) : £ 1.50

Edited by jezawix (see edit history)