[SOLVED] PayPal Returned Error- Multiple Versions

jumpink

I have spent countless hours setting up Prestashop only to be completely exhausted. I am running version 1.4.9 trying to get any PayPal module to work. The PayPal module that comes with Prestashop, v. 3.0.9 appears to work. I register for a new account in my shop. Complete the necessary checkout requirements. Choose PayPal as a payment method. I get redirected to PayPal's site, login click continue to accept and white screen with this error message, Fatal error (Address -> address1 is empty)

I have searched the forums, I have tried upgrading to the newest module 3.3 with the compatibility module. With 3.3 installed, I get as far as the payment page. Clicking on the PayPal button does nothing.

I have downgraded to 2.8.7 and the following error occurs.

Please refer to logs:

1. PayPal response:
  2. TIMESTAMP -> 2012-11-29T14:40:10Z
  3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  7. PayPal returned error

I am at my wits end. I did a clean install of 1.4.9 and I have not made any changes to any code.

I really need to get a solution to this problem and I know I am not the only one.

Roll your paypal version back to version 2.8.7. It ships with Prestashop version 1.4.8.3 It should fix all of your problems.

The op states that I tried version 2.8.7 with the following error:

• PayPal response:
  • TIMESTAMP -> 2012-11-29T14:40:10Z
  • L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10002
  • L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Security error
  • L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Security header is not valid
  • L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error
  • PayPal returned error

Is your module set to test mode? Test mode api credentials are different from live mode. (sand box)

That was the ticket! The way the terminology was stated I thought I had the live shop enacted. Thank you for your patience in walking me in from the ledge. :blink: