Deleted Countries By Accident, How Can I Get Them Back

Tried to enable countries, but delete some of them by accident. How can I get them back?

At BO, localization -> countries, select all and tried to enable them. However, the default action is deleting, so I deleted at last 50 countries by accident.

How can I get them those countries back? Please help. Thank you!

My shop version: 1.5.5

You can make a fresh (dummy) PS install. Then export in phpmyadmin from there the country and country-lang tables. In your real shop you should then delete these two tables and import them from the exported sql file. As mfedorets said, you should also check your ps_country_shop and maybe also other country-related files.

• Like 1

Hi,

if you havn't made shop customization via backend after installation you can try to change ps_country,  ps_country_lang,  ps_country_shop tables to their counterparts from initial installation.

thanks for reply. Could you please give me more secific instruaction? Not sure what do you meam "if you havn't made shop customization via backend after installation". The shop has been installed for more than 1 year...

• 3 months later...

I have the same query. By mistake I have deleted first 50 countries. I looked out for SQL manager but it only allows "SELECT"  query. Also, I tried to look out for xml on server, but still I am not getting from where I can add default PS_Country, PS_Country_lang and PS_Country_Shop tables.

"TodayTonight" have you got any solution yet?

Edited by crazyerror (see edit history)

You can make a fresh (dummy) PS install. Then export in phpmyadmin from there the country and country-lang tables. In your real shop you should then delete these two tables and import them from the exported sql file. As mfedorets said, you should also check your ps_country_shop and maybe also other country-related files.

Yup, that worked, thanks ! ;-)

Maybe a good idea for the developers to change that default selection to something else than DELETE !?  :ph34r:

Best regards,

Francois

if you've got an access to phpmyadmin database manager you can run it there. usuallythis manager is available in all hosting packets, so please verify your hosting account control panel.

there is a tab named "SQL", just paste this code there and hit "run" :)