Product SEO table(s)

alexcarter414

Hi All,

I have been making a prestashop site for a while now and have almost got it all set up and ready to roll. I have just done all the SEO meta data for each category and this took me about 3-4 hours in total to do 6 categories in 2 languages.

I have just had a look at my products and now I have to do the SEO meta data for these aswell! I have around 90 products on the site and can't see that entering all the meta data manually is the best possible option here. Is there a table or tables which i can access via the SQL backend of the database for prestashop?

Basically I want to create all the SEO data in a spreadsheet and then possibly run an SQL query against the database to enter all this data into each product. Is there another option here which is free or cheap? Or is this possible to do?

Many thanks for any help!

If you wish to look at the site in the making it is currently hosted at alexcarter.biz.

Many Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

the table involved is ps_products_lang, where you can see the meta fields (per language) given.

You can import a csv file directly into a table in phpMyAdmin.

See here a small example on how to do that:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9734486/importing-a-csv-into-phpmyadmin

For more details , just google"phpMyAdmin import csv table" or so

Hope this helps,

pascal

OK so i have been doing some spreadsheet work today (fun...) I created a CSV file to import into phpmyadmin which works OK except for spanish characters. I have the word bebé as the first keyword for spanish keywords but only beb is imported into the keywords. Is there something i can do here? it looks like the é is acting like a comma and ending the column.

Alex, this has to do with mismatch of encoding of the text.

You'd want to encode your Excel file as UTF-8.

In my mac version of Excel, you can change the encoding used by Excel here:

Settings->General->Web options-Encoding.

It might be somewhere else on a Win machine, but try to locate the encoding menu/tab

What you probably see is that it now shows Western European (mac or Windows, dependent on your PC)

Change that to Unicode UTF-8

Re-save the csv file and then go to phpmyAdmin.

When importing, select the encoding type as UTF-8 as well.

post-455771-0-98062200-1379385017_thumb.jpg

This should do the trick.

pascal

• 8 months later...

i would like to write code that will split my product name for eg. samsung galaxy s into samsung,galaxy,s and insert this in meta_keyword field in my product_lang table????

Is there any solution on this??????????????