[Solved] Getting Informative Log Errors After Everything

In the Advanced Parameters under Logs I get an error logged anytime I do anything in prestashop. They are all level 1 informative errors. They show up when I add a product, change a product, go into cart rules, go into employees, etc. The error code is 0x 0. I can't figure out what that meant or how to fix it.

My system has been running slow since the upgrade when it comes to adding new products or making changes within existing products. It takes a really log time to save a product.

Any ideas?

Edited by Amy (see edit history)

Not sure if I have something turned on by mistake that is causing the system to log everything I do in prestashop or if there really are errors happening with everything I do. Let me know if you need more information. Thanks!!

Hi Amy, have you turned on Error reporting from your defines.inc.php? http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-500-error-or-blank-page/ You can follow these instructions for your version and let me know if any errors appear.

Also, do you have the module Yotpo installed? 

• Like 2

Hi Benjamin,

I turned on the error reporting and added a new product. The same thing happened where it took a long time to save it. It actually created two entries because I stopped saving and hit save again, which probably caused the problem. It showed up in the log under the advanced parameter with the same error code of 0x 0. I went to the hosting company and looked in the logs but there was nothing in there from today. Is there another file I should look in to find the error code?

No, I don't have Yotpo installed.

Hi keskifo, you are recieving the same 0 x 0 in the error log?

Can you show me a screenshot?

you can change that to line to "true" and save the file to your FTP of Cpanel.

Hi Benjamin,

I turned on the error reporting and added a new product. The same thing happened where it took a long time to save it. It actually created two entries because I stopped saving and hit save again, which probably caused the problem. It showed up in the log under the advanced parameter with the same error code of 0x 0. I went to the hosting company and looked in the logs but there was nothing in there from today. Is there another file I should look in to find the error code?

No, I don't have Yotpo installed.

Do you have a link to your website? Are you able to view your best sales items on the front office? Please keep error reporting on during this time if possible.

• Like 1

Hi Benjamin,

The link to my website is: www.imaginemorebooks.org/store

I disabled the top-seller block because I didn't want it to show up on the website. But it was working when I had it enabled. I did that on 9/13. The errors started happening after I updated on 9/4/13. Is this the module you are referring to?

I will keep the error reporting on. I checked it again about an hour ago and didn't see any errors in the log on my hosting site.

I've attached a screenshot. This pic is from the beginning of the log. If you'd like from the end of the log or something else, please let me know. Thanks for your help!

post-705532-0-93951400-1379447775_thumb.jpg

Hi Benjamin,

I just started using Prestashop in May or June of this year. I don't know what number it was, but it was the latest version at the time. I upgraded on 9/4/13 to the current version. The store (back office) isn't slow at everything. I can move between the menus okay. I notice it the most when I'm trying to save something or if I go into the Advanced Parameters under the Configuration Information to load the changed files. It takes a very long time (once it took 30 minutes or more) to load the changed files. I've attached a screenshot. If there is other information you need or screenshots, just let me know.

post-705532-0-82901700-1379454858_thumb.jpg

Hi Benjamin,

Well, I receive the same log/error as Amy. The level of severity of the log is low and is only for our information but I'm wondering why I receive those errors which was not the case on my previous prestashop version 1.5.4.1.

I have attached a screen capture of the issue I'm seeing.

Thanks,
F.

post-500402-0-59783400-1379455192_thumb.png

Edited by keskifo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Hi Benjamin,

Just following up regarding this topic. Wanted to see if you had any ideas on the slowness. Particularly the part about how it takes a while to save when I'm entering or updating a new or existing product. Sometimes when I hit save it doesn't repond and I have to hit save and stay and then back to list once it is saved.

I still have the errors turned on and haven't received any yet.

Thanks for your time.

Best regards,

Amy

My system seems a little better after I cleared the smarty cache, but in the configuation checklist it has some warnings that I'm not sure how to fix. I've attached a picture of the configuation checklist as well as what I have selected in the adv parameter under performance. I thought by clearing the smarty cache that it would fix the warning that says, browser cache & compression, as well as the one that says, combine, compress and cache. But they are still there. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

post-705532-0-18225400-1379948871_thumb.jpg

post-705532-0-54685000-1379948895_thumb.jpg

post-705532-0-06618800-1379948909_thumb.jpg

post-705532-0-78749400-1379948916_thumb.jpg

Amy, try reversing all the settings you have in the CCC section of Performance. It will get rid of one of your messages, and may help with the performance too.

The other message is most likely due to having Friendly URLs switched off, so you should switch them on. You may need to check with your hosting service whether the Apache function 'mod_rewrite' is enabled. If not, ask them to enable it.

Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

My system seems a little better after I cleared the smarty cache, but in the configuation checklist it has some warnings that I'm not sure how to fix. I've attached a picture of the configuation checklist as well as what I have selected in the adv parameter under performance. I thought by clearing the smarty cache that it would fix the warning that says, browser cache & compression, as well as the one that says, combine, compress and cache. But they are still there. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

those message mean nothing, please ignore them...you are chasing rainbows. :)

If you shop is working fine...or in your case a little better....then leave it alone....

• Like 2

Hi Dave,

Thanks, I will try it. I appreciate your help.

Hi El Patron,

Thanks for the information. It is good to know these messages aren't something to worry about. I appreciate your help as well.

Best regards,

Amy

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a way to delete the logs under advanced parameters/logs? They are all informative errors but they have 31 pages worth of them. I don't see anything on the page that allows you to delete them.