Creating external link on top horizontal menu

I would like to create an external link on the top horizontal menu.  Unfortunately I can't seem to figure out how.  The module only allows me to create internal links.  Can anyone give me any advice? I am really new to PrestaShop and still trying to figure out how everything works.   

Edited by acnakos (see edit history)

it's very easy to achieve

open module configuration page

MaHc7Bp.png

1) enter Label for your link

3) click add

your new link will appear on this list (1):

V31YhvZ.png

1) select your link and then

2) press add button

3) you will see your link in right hand side box

4) save changes

voila ;)

• Like 1

Thank you for your help.  I thought I was doing the exact same thing before but I kept getting an error as it was showing an internal link.  Obviously I was doing something wrong, but I can't remember what I was doing differently.  Again, thanks.

Well i think I may have it figured out but still need assistance. the theme I installed an paid for when i modify top horizontal does modify the defaylt template but not the one i installed. I have searched for the mods for that to edit with no luck. is that something that I am going to have to edit the code on or should there be a mod for it? Thanks

your theme doesn't use top horizontal menu module. 

Your theme hasn't got any "menu" module. All what you are able to do is to edit modules/blockpermanentlinks/blockpermanentlinks.tpl file manually

Really? then why would they show it for purchase with a top menu, as well as sell it that way. so now I have to chage it by code which is not bad but, still I paid 140 for a template that should use some sort of menu you would think.

Thanks for your help

Edited by fsfireworks (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hi Vekia,

I added a link (an image) to top menu following your instructions and everything works well. But the image opens in whole screen but doesn't need all screen. Is it posible to open in smaller window? 

The objective is: customer is looking at product then needs to choose a color, so clicks on link to color chart (this is the image in the link). I want customer to have product on full screen and smaller window with color chart in front. 

Thanx in advance. :)

Hi Vekia,

Well I checked out Fancy box as you suggested and followed your instructions for "TinyMCE extended versión" and then "PrestaShop gallery on CMS page" . But it doesnt really resolve my problema becuase really I want the link (CMS and Top menu)  to open directly  an image with a color chart in a pop-up, the same size as the image, which sits on the original product screen. As I have it now the link opens a CMS page with a thumbnail which if you click opens the image in full screen - but I can do the same if I simply put a link in CMS and Topmenu to this image.

I think there is someting I am doing wrong here :( 

• 4 weeks later...

My question relates to this thread (a continuation of it, I suppose), but I am wondering is it possible to create external links in a submenu of the main menu? Basically, I have established "Tech Info" that is displayed on the horizontal top menu, but I would like to include submenus under that with something like:

(main top menu) Tech Info
........Chassis/Body > Class 11 Skid Pan Attachment
                               > Firewall Installation and Specs
........Drive Train > CV Axle Rebuild Tutorial

ETC., and those options like "Class 11 Skid Pan Attachment" will be linked to our main website/blog. Is this possible? I couldn't figure out an option for it by playing with the menu top link option, or within the categories creation area.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hello vekia :)

Looking how to do one job with top menu. I want to make drop down menu with external links. Let say I have category "Brosjyre" and I want to make subcategories with my links. Now these subcategories is cms pages. But I want external links in here. Putting example. (this is default top menu module PS 1.5) Thank You.

23e57d9632b936ebfbdea549f1c3d7b2272.jpg

Edited by Vykca (see edit history)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello people,

I want exactly the same with piribipipi but not for a vertical menu. I want it for the horizontal prestashop 1.6 default topmenu.

I have a question about this....

I will give you an example that what i want:

I have a menu element called "links".

I want a submenu from "links" that includes external links, google (http://google.com), Yahoo (http://yahoo.com)......

It´s possible????

Thanks!

Any news?

Thanks.

Edited by wiseprt (see edit history)