Class 'cmsController' not found

Help guys, I am pulling my hair out here (and there aint much left anyway!!)

For the last couple of weeks all CMS has stopped working. this is default pages like delivery and anything I create.

I can create categories and pages within, admin inteface returns green boxes saying everything ok. When I go to Save and Preview I get a 500 error.

This is also true when I try to bind the CMS page in to the Top Horizontal Nav (again I can see the pages in the left hand panel and they move across to the right.

Try and look a them and nothing works.

CMS has worked originally I havnt modified any of the contents of related modules. I am not sure when it stopped.

As it stands I have got this company to spend thousands of pounds on data entry costs to get the shop ready, but as it sells furniture assembly services (a bit wierd I know) It needs lots of content to help the customers make a purchase. No CMS - No Launch !!

I have asked for help twicw in the forum and not had 1 response.

I have re-uploaded all the modules, php files I can see that have CMS in them but to no avail.

Here is the error in full

Fatal error: Class 'cmsController' not found in /home/linweb02/u/unflatpack.com/user/htdocs/prestashop/classes/controller/Controller.php on line 128

I have tried googling this. Nothing!!

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Hi Vekia,

thanks for replying. Yes CmsController.php does exist and is correctly cased it also has permissions 604. I have just uploaded a new version from a version of 1.5.4.1 which I downloaded this morning. No effect.

the class that the error reports missing has a lower case 'c' at the begining, though I presume this is just the name given when the class is instantiated.

Any further thoughts?

I know it has nothing to do with the environment as I have ported the site to a new server and the error still exists. It is now running on both.

Thanks

• 11 months later...

Hello

I was having same issues.

i have just deleted /renamed the AdminCmsController and AdminCmsContentController.

Try to re-upload same file seamlessly. Some times Controller file exits but its method not found so it gives error of controller not found.

Remove cache folder contents from system. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We have/had the same problem. After 2 hours of testing I didn't found the error.

We are using a fresh 1.6.0.9 with a leo starshop fashion template (which is a nightmare btw).

Here is the temporary workaround I found:

File: yourshop\classes\Dispatcher.php

post-150787-0-60001500-1412453765_thumb.png

Edited by Pronux (see edit history)

Hi everybody!

After a lot of tests and many, many hours, I've solved this issue. Is simple: I donwloaded  the Prestashop files again and I deleted the folder "controllers" and I uploaded the complete folder "controllers" wich was in the new Prestashop files.

I hope it work for all of you too.

Sandip, thank you so much for helping me with this issue.  :)

• Like 1

Hi everybody!

After a lot of tests and many, many hours, I've solved this issue. Is simple: I donwloaded  the Prestashop files again and I deleted the folder "controllers" and I uploaded the complete folder "controllers" wich was in the new Prestashop files.

I hope it work for all of you too.

Sandip, thank you so much for helping me with this issue.  :)

Always welcome.

Just put the text topic to solved. So it will be helpful for others.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/123579-solved-how-can-i-mark-a-topic-as-solved/

• 2 years later...

We have/had the same problem. After 2 hours of testing I didn't found the error.

We are using a fresh 1.6.0.9 with a leo starshop fashion template (which is a nightmare btw).

Here is the temporary workaround I found:

File: yourshop\classes\Dispatcher.php

attachicon.gifquirk.png

Thank you for this workaround Pronux.

You saved my day!

for others having problem with the CMS page, try this.