Clicking on item link in category receives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error

I am not sure if this is an installation problem or a configuration issue but since I think it is related to the installation, I will start here.

After doing the basic setup and creating categories and products, when I click on a product link from the category page, I get this error "This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying." I can add the item to the shopping cart or do a comparison of multiple items but I can't view the items product page.

The store is installed on a shared Unix server. I have looked for error logs but have only found ones dated before we installed the store.

I don't know if this is related, but I also get a message to: "- Enable allow_url_fopen".

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Here is the error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1024 bytes) in /data/17/3/61/55/3061381/user/3410891/htdocs/store/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatelexer.php on line 460

I searched for more information on my error and found a post of yours from May that suggested the following:

"ini_set('memory_limit', '-1')"

I tried it and it worked. :D

I am still going to contact my host provider and see about additional ram but at least now I can get on entering data and configuring other services.

Thanks!