[SOLVED] Prestashop keep asking for username and password on every link I click

Hi all,

apologise if I'm in the wrong place.

Just started with Prestashop today and hit with a problem

I am having issue with prestashop asking for username and password in the back office. every link I click will bring me to the login page.

Can anyone tell me what I've done wrong?

My installation process was normal, I uploaded all contents in Prestashop folder to the public_html root and started configuring it and everything was a success. But when logging in to back office, I started to encounter the above mentioned.

Hope someone help me please

Thank you.

Seems like a cookies issue to me. Have you tried another browser? Which one are you currently using?

Hi Nemo,

yes I've done that. Using Chrome and Safari and both browsers have the same issue.

Thanks for the information though.

Best Regards,

I see. If you add something to the cart, does it stay there after refreshing the page?

Yes it does. In the shopfront, I added 2 macbook. Went in to cart, click on check out, presented the summary, did a refresh, cart stays.

But in back office, each link I click will bring me to login page.

I mean that it might be related to your pc not accepting cookies for that specific domain :)

Hi Nemo,

thanks for the helps. I found out what lies behind.

It's because of the dynamic IP from my ISP. I turn off IP checking for cookie and it seems to be ok now.

Best Regards,

im going to mark this topic as [solved]

Did you know that you can also mark own topics as solved? here is an instruction:

[sOLVED] Topic

If, after posting a topic, you find a solution to your problem, please indicate it in your post and describe the solution.

Furthermore if you are the author of the topic for which a solution has been found, please edit your topic title to mark it as [sOLVED].

To mark a topic as [solved] :

- Edit the first post of your topic by clicking on the "Edit" button,

- Click on the "Use full editor" button,

- Add the "[solved]" string at the beginning of your topic title and click on the "Submit Modified Post" button.

we will be grateful if you will follow these steps in the future. It isn't necessary - but it is good practice :) then our community will be better place for everyone :)

btw. welcome on board ! :)