error web-site not found!

hi please can anybody help me!

I have successfully installed Prestashop and entered into the back office however when I try to connect to my shop by entering my domain name into the url I can't connect to my front office ,I have spoken with my host providers and they say that everything is pointing in the right direction from the server and therefore it must be a configuration setting within the software that is causing the fault ...

please help as I'm as newbie as a newbie can be :blink:

Mike

Edited by jonmig (see edit history)

hello

i've got several questions:

1. what prestashop version you use?
  2. how you installed it? You installed it with some installers from hosting control panel (for example softaculous) ?
  3. can you show how preferences > seo & urls tab in back office looks like? Im interested in domain settings (domain, domain ssl, base uri)
  4. it is possible to share url? ;)

hi vekia

Thank you for your help ;)

version 1.5.4.1.

using Filezilla I uploaded the Prestashop folder onto my host server and then renamed the folder, I was helped by the host tech guy to get past the 23% installation pause and finally into the back office.

As we were having problems vekia with the installation I must add that the tech guy said that he would delete the folder and do the install again from his side so I did lose a bit in what happened but he got it going for me in the end...

I'm not sure what share url means?

Mike

post-690052-0-15572200-1377943334_thumb.jpg

post-690052-0-61987200-1377943345_thumb.jpg

hi vekia

I have disabled it (it was set to allow)

typed my domain into the url but still not showing up :(

apologies I meant a shared url

(I know about the uniform resource locator thingy mijig lol)

could the problem be anything to do with the order of the folders on my host server? (please see attached image showing the Prestashop folder renamed as website)

Mike

post-690052-0-89627500-1377959839_thumb.jpg

hi Guys

After still not being able to access the front office I decided to install the latest version 1.5.5.0 of Prestashop

however strangely enough I still can't access my site!,after speaking with my host techs they have given me a question to ask the forum ,please help as I'm starting to have too many sleepless nights with this.

question: Index.php becomes blank in Prestashop (does this mean anything to anyone?)

cheers 

Mike 

It should not be.

There are to do list for you

I assume that you are setting a new website and you have nothing in the server 

1. Delete all previous files on the server 

2. Ask your hosting guy that which is your root folder or make something your root folder.

3. Through filezilla upload the new version of PrestaShop files(after unzipping all those folders and files) to your root folder

4. Point to your domain in browser if domain is OK you will see the installation page.

5. For installation step by step view this link http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Installing+PrestaShop

6. Still problem ? reply here with brief

hi J

yes I have done all that and installed Prestashop successfully however when I enter my domain name into the URL it just comes up with an error 'cant find website page' , it also did this previously on installation of v1.5.4 ,I can get into the back office just not into the front ,my tech guy has tried to help me too however he has requested me to ask the forum about the index.php file going blank ?

my host techs latest response is as follows:

The installation has been completed  but it still shows the index.php as blank. Please look into this option. I think it can be resolved by creating .ht access file. Please do let me know if you require any further assistance in regards to this issue.

please help 

Mike

hi 

Thank you J,

I have just had a new development which I'm hoping might explain things :blink:

I have been able to access my site on my Iphone through Safari but not the full shop ,maybe this is just a template I don't know and I am still unable to see it through my computer browsers ...does this make any sense ?

cheers

Mike

hi vekia 

Thank you again

I have followed the instructions and apparently this is the error I am currently experiencing! 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /web1/user43131/website/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compile_if.phpon line 128

cheers 

Mike

hi vekia 

Thank you again

I have followed the instructions and apparently this is the error I am currently experiencing! 

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /web1/user43131/website/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_compile_if.phpon line 128

cheers 

Mike

Hi Mike, thank you for the post with the error. What this error is saying is that you have exceeding the memory limit on your Server. 

Do you have access to your php.ini file? If so, you can change some limits on your server. However, I would contact your hosting provider first to see if you have access and rights to change these settings. Read more in this blog post http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/utilize-the-php-ini-file-to-optimize-your-ecommerce-store/

hi Benjamin 

Thank you so much , what more can I say you guys are brilliant I have followed both vekia's and your instructions (thanks also to J)  and the problem is now solved ,after reading through your very valuable tips guides I learnt to increase the ini file memory to 128m and now were finally up and running ...

so glad I chose Prestashop   ;)

kind regards

Mike

ps can I just ask where the generator is in this latest version of Prestashop (v1.5.5) for creating the .htaccess files for friendly url's etc I can't find it ?

• Like 1