no more image after upgrading to 1.5.5

Hi

I've just upgraded to 1.5.5 from 1.5.4.1

I have no more images for products

Error message :

Original image is missing or empty (/path/to/my/domain/public_html/img/p/5/0/50.jpg)

My images are stored with "old" method I think, in /img/p/5-xxx.jpg

So, how to have my images back ?

I've got the same Error.

When I try to regenerate the thumbnails after the upgrade from 1.5.4.1 to 1.5.5, i get the following errors for all my pictures:

• Original image is missing or empty (C:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop_gp_irs_prod/img/p/5/1/51.jpg)
  • Original image is missing or empty (C:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop_gp_irs_prod/img/p/5/2/52.jpg)
  • Original image is missing or empty (C:\xampp\htdocs\prestashop_gp_irs_prod/img/p/5/3/53.jpg)
  • ... and so on.

Edited by dose123 (see edit history)

That's a good point, but no additional errors are shown when regenerating thumbnails in dev mode.

The images aren't in the mentioned path. All productimages are in the img/p direcotry, but not in a subdirectory like ../img/p/5/3/53.jpg.

I think that's it!

In prestashop 1.5.4.1 there is the option "Move images" at the bottom of the page. Apperearently this has to be done before updating to version 1.5.5, because for me, after the update it was gone.

I ignored the post by kpcolo, because I couldn't find this option in the updated shop.

Thanks alot!

Fix for PS 1.5.4.1 and 1.5.5

In config/settings.inc.php on line 16 adjust the date to below 2013-03-26. I changed the line to the following:

define('_PS_CREATION_DATE_', '2012-09-02');

This brings back the move images option in Preferences->images

After moving the images you can change it back..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nope it doesnt.

There are about 5 different solutions in different threads, and none of them worked.

Obviously there is something ese happeing here but i am recreating my store at present because I cannot afford for my store to be ofline for this long while people try and find little fixes (that don't always work) and don't actually 'fix' the core problem.

Put it this way - I'm glad that worked for one person, but why would the date that the images are uploaded make a difference?

I even tested making a new product and that didn't work either

Why should i have to edit this each time I put a new product in my store?

1.5.4.1 works, so I'll stick with that version until an upgrade comes along with NO major reported isues. YES this is a MAJOR issue.

Edited by daveharkaa (see edit history)

Nope it doesnt.

There are about 5 different solutions in different threads, and none of them worked.

Obviously there is something ese happeing here but i am recreating my store at present because I cannot afford for my store to be ofline for this long while people try and find little fixes (that don't always work) and don't actually 'fix' the core problem.

Put it this way - I'm glad that worked for one person, but why would the date that the images are uploaded make a difference?

I even tested making a new product and that didn't work either

Why should i have to edit this each time I put a new product in my store?

1.5.4.1 works, so I'll stick with that version until an upgrade comes along with NO major reported isues. YES this is a MAJOR issue.

When you move your images to the new system in Preferences>Images ... It does not work? For most people this issue is solved. It is strange that there is not a solution that works for you. Let's work together to figure it out. :)

I also have the same problem.. My image files when i go to regenerate shows they are not there. The Directory the shop is trying to find does not exist and did not exist on my backup. 

I have changed the date as discussed.

I cant seem to see the Move Images still..

Can someone show a screen shot??

I also have the same problem.. My image files when i go to regenerate shows they are not there. The Directory the shop is trying to find does not exist and did not exist on my backup. 

I have changed the date as discussed.

I cant seem to see the Move Images still..

Can someone show a screen shot??

What version did you upgrade from? What version did you upgrade to? 

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your help.

I have come back from being away..   I managed to get it working as per above.. For some reason the date did not save. I changed it again and saved it. 

Now the Move Images has come up under Images menu

1) Change date as per above.

2) Press Move images button.

3)Then must Regenerate thumbnails.

Works geat.  Appreciate you help. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, 

I have the same issue. Manual upgrade from 1.4.10 to 1.5.4.1. I changed the date in settings.inc.php, moved images (successfully, at least that's what is says), legacy system to NO, Regenerating the products->small images brings error msg

2804 errors

1. Original image is missing or empty (/home/xxx/public_html/img/p/3/3/2/2/3322.jpg)
  2. Original image is missing or empty (/home/xxx/public_html/img/p/3/3/2/3/3323.jpg)
  3. Original image is missing or empty (/home/xxx/public_html/img/p/3/3/2/4/3324.jpg)

Please help :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same problem so I dit it :

1) Change date in config.inc.php

2) Press Move images button.

3)Then must Regenerate thumbnails.

But when I regenerate thumbnails, I have an error 500 !

Can you help me to find a solution? Thanks a lot!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Try moving the images in the old PS version before you upgrade. That is the only way it worked for me. I tried all of the above.

HI Pietro,

how did you move them exactly? what you mean with "moving the images in the Old PS version"?

Tks!

check preferences > images tab in your back office

you will see there option to "move pictures to new storage method"

Tks Vekia, i did it as you suggested but sadly it didn`t work for me :(

Indeed, i` ve tried all advices before with no solution!