Bug for use my own SMTP parameters with Outlook Microsoft office 365

We work on presta 1.4.7 and we wish synchronized email presta with our messaging Outlook Microsoft 365.

We meet a concern(marigold) with the configuration of the SMTP parameters in Panel(Sign) of administration / Preferences / Emails

We mark: " use my own SMTP parameters. For the experts ONLY "

We bring in all the parameters necessity:

Our Domain name

Waiter's(Server) name: smtp.office365.com

User

Password

Method of encryption: TLS

Port(Bearing): 587

And in spite of he(it) is just and verified several times we meet the following error message by sending a test email:

Error: thank you for verifying your configuration

The SMTP connection failed to start [tls: // smtp.office365.com:587]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String

For information it works perfectly with our messaging GMAIL. The concern(marigold) settles(arises) only with the encoding TLS and with Outlook!

Could anybody help us?

Is Prestashop compatible with Outlook?

The encoding TLS works you he(it) correctly?

Would anybody have a solution?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Edited by yonisdistrib (see edit history)

But Rémi Gaillard lad speaks of SSL version of PHP.

My problem is with TLS, no with SSL !

Also, if I need upgrade my openssl librairy of PHP, which version is compatible ?

Somebody in already managed to make worked prestashop with Outlook by making this update?

After further review, this is an issue with the version of Swift Mailer being used by Prestashop. The version being used is 3.3.2, which is from 2007... seriously?

Downloading the latest stable version 5.0.1 dated June 2013, and executing a unit test connecting to smtp.office365.com, port 587, using TLS, I am able to send mail properly.

Using Swift Mailer version 3.3.2, and performing the same unit test, fails with the following error

The SMTP connection failed to start [tls://smtp.office365.com:587]: fsockopen returned Error Number 0 and Error String ''' tools\swift\Swift\Connection\SMTP.php on line 309

Prestashop should seriously consider upgrading their embedded Swift Mailer library version. Failing to do that, Prestashop should provide a patch that would correct the issue on the 6 year old software they are using.

I have re-created the original bug report with this new information

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFV-10182

Edited by bellini13 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I am in the process of creating a patch for v1.5.4.1 that will address this issue, and then to other PS versions on demand. The goal is to install the latest version of the Swift library and then alter the core Prestashop functionality to use the new library instead of the old library.

If this is something you would be interested in, send me a PM with the following information.

1. Your Prestashop version (ie v1.5.4.1)
  2. Your PHP version (ie v5.3.3)

There will be a cost associated for my time to create the patch specific to your hosting environment and Prestashop version, and then the time to install and test it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem as the OP, but using live domains not 365, anyway I bought Bellini's modification and although it fixed the "The SMTP connection failed to start" and made the test email send my customers still could not receive emails, I ended up tracing it down to the folder /mails/en.

I had "mails/en" once I renamed it to "mails/EN" guess what? it worked. I'm really not sure why this would have been lowercase instead of uppercase but at least it is fixed.

So heads up to bellini's modification and if you are still having troubles check that you have a capital EN.