Problem refreshing updates

I installed presta 1.5.4.1 recently. There is some demo data that came with the package.

So I decided I could just change the values (strings) and test my own data.

I can update the data successfully (i.e. database) but what I see in the Admin panel is the old data. Somehow it does not refresh itself in the list view, though I can see the new values when I try to edit each item. After googling around, I played with the cache settings. It is the same problem even with the cache disabled - which is, customer - groups, catalog - properties, catalog - features, catalog - products etc.

I have no clue about the problem.. Any suggestions?

No.. Because when I change the values, the store front gets changed. The information in the details sections of the item gets changed, but the listbox-like object in the admin stays the same..

For instance,

There is an ipod nano item that came with the source database. I changed the name of the item and its properties.. What I see at the store is the new name. When I go to catalog - products, it still says Ipod nano. When click it to edit the item, the name is different. It looks like a cache problem.. I cleared the cache, disabled it etc. It has been 3 days now. Still no change.. Very interesting...