Store Location & Localization

Good Morning All,

If this has been asked before I apologise in Advance. I am almost at breaking point and trying to find a solution as its clear that my freelancer guy is having troubles.

Problem:

EVERYTIME I change store contact details in the backend 'Preferences > Store Contacts' and select save. The data will save, however as soon as I navigate away from that page it changes back to the default template settings.

The same with info in 'Localization > Localization'.

I'm sure I don't need to highlight how frusterating this is, because it also effects default currency, weights, measurements and I am trying to test angles of my store in Australia and as end user in Australia.

If anyone has a solution that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Shane

Hi aus, (shane)

Just a few quick checks/questions:

- By any chance use Chrome? I once had some problems changing values using chrome, never found out why. Changing to Firefox solved it then. (May be a totally different case though, so don't get too excited yet...). Change to another browser and try one more time. Let us know the result.

- What PrestaShop version do you use?

- Do you use a special Theme? Can it be that the theme isn't compatible (i.e. tested by the developer...) with the PS version? We had not too long ago strange things happening with double cart items showing up, just because the Theme was not up to date.

- Do other pages neatly store the data entered, like products, categories, shipping values etc?

Quote:

EVERYTIME I change store contact details in the backend 'Preferences > Store Contacts' and select save. The data will save, however as soon as I navigate away from that page it changes back to the default template settings.

- Are you sure it is really saved in the database, or does it just 'says' it saved successfully? Can you really see the changes in the tables?

- Who is your site host? Please check if the minimum requirements to use PrestaShop on a host are met:

http://www.prestasho...em-requirements

- especially check PHP version, MySQL version, memory available. Many values you can check by going to: Advanced Parameters->Configuration information. Maybe go there, copy the values and past them here for us to see as well.

- What is the URL of your shop?

Well, check this first, and let me know. Based on the answers we may hopefully narrow the problem down a little.

pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes I have been using Chrome in addition to Firefox, IE & Safari and still no success.

As far as I know we are using the latest version of prestashop and yes using a custom theme.

Products and all other data save correctly, its just the store contact and localization that is playing up.

URL is www.alteregoonline.com.au it is an adult product store.... well getting there.

Hosting is done by www.netregistry.com.au

PHP Version 5.3.18

MySQL 5.0.96-community

I'm not to sure where to check on the mod_security.

Sorry, I am not that savvy when it comes to PHP / SQL

I hope that answers your questions you have for me.

Regards,

Shane

Hi Shane,

Please check:

- if the theme is fully compatible with the latest version (You can see the Prestashop version you use in back office. Just scroll down any page and you see the version number displayed). Contact the theme developer about this (or see their website.s ee if there are any updates available etc.)

- The mod_security: Contact your host and just ask "is mod_security enabled at the moment? Please turn it off if this is the case. I'm running a web shop and it might interfere at the moment" or so.

- Did you check in the database if the changes were really saved or that the program just SAID they were saved? Login to your database and check the ps_store_XXX tables (pun intended ;-) )

I'll have a look at the site and see if I see anything 'suspicious'

pascal

another thing: sometimes this error occur when shop data are duplicated in the ps_configuration table

make sure, that there are no duplicated entries. (email, shop's name and other "contact details")

the same for the ps_store_x table for store contacts, as Pascal suggested

Hi Pascal,

I have had a look with Template Monster and it indicated that the template is compatible with 1.4.5.1 which is what I am running.

I have contacted host regarding mod_security and am waiting to hear back.

I have checked the database, and as far as I can tell no data is saving. It's only the backend saying it was SAVED.

Its the only thing that is not running 100% and damn annoying lol

cheers,

Shane

Hi shane,

maybe there's something wrong with a cache file. Let do this:

go to your host. Use cPanel, or an FTP program or so. Go to the file manager and go to the root of you shop.

There you should see a folder: /cache/cachefs/

See if there's anything in it. If so, copt the whole cache folder to cache_ORIG. then empty the /cache/cachefs folder.

Change cache settings in Advanced Parameters->performance. Turn OFF cache, change force recompile of Templates ON.

clear browser cache and reload edit page. enter values, save.

look in database if values appear.

reload edit page, see if values appear.

Let me know results

pascal

(N.B. Do you have other folders in cache?)

Pascal,

Have done as instructed. Once I save for 'Cache Off' 'Force recompile of Templates ON', it reverts back to original settings, not sure if this is normal?

Can't see any changes anywhere.

As for other folders in cache. There is cachefs, sandbox, smarty, tcpdf, class_index.php, index.php

Mmmm......

No that's not normal, but exactly the same problem we are investigating :-)

Can you reach your database?

Then change the values manually:

open database. go to table ps_configuaration.

Find the entry (name field): PS_SMARTY_FORCE_COMPILE and set value to 2

Find the entry (name field):PS_SMARTY_CACHE and set value to 0

then reload the edit page and try one more time.

Strange problem,,, :(

Shane,

I didn't think about it until recently... :-)

It's all hobby for me at the moment, after years of programming and design.

What did you have in mind? Installation help or module design/building?

Let me know some more. Convince me :-)

pascal

Ok, still can't work out for the life of me why the values will not save when entered into the store back end. I have managed to edit the values manually and it seems to work. I guess its a bandaide fix for my problem.

You seem very knowledgeable in the world of prestashop and the coding behind it. It would be great to have someone like you on freelancer so people like me can call on you to fix lifes little problems and pay you for your services.

Sometimes its nice to know there is someone to flick a msg to when there is an issue and know it will be sorted properly the first time. :-)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...