How to Reorder Categories

hi all

Wanted to reorder the main categories but i can't .

I did reorder the categories from backend < catalog > but i cant see the change in the live site.

i disabled cache and turned on force compile. But it didn't worked. I also disabled all the categories and re enabled them again but it doesn't work either.

The version is 1.4.7.3 and shop name is http://www.gurkha-kukri.com

post-381543-0-23141200-1375167714_thumb.png

Hi Dorje,

Do you mean in the top (horizontal) menu on your homepage? The (right) side menu on other pages (like when you click on one of your top-categories) seems to have the same order as your category list you attached, so that looks OK.

The top menu is separate from this list, as it can contain other things as well, or just a few 'higlights' or so.

You can edit this top menu in modules->modules. Search for Top Horizontal menu and click configure. Then add/remove all items you (don't want to be displayed here. They will be shown in the order you add them, so decide first in which order you need to display them, to save you time.

Hope this was what you wanted. If not, please elaborate where it goes wrong exactly.

pascal.

• Like 1

yes i mean the top horizontal menu.< top categories like new arrivals, gurkha kukri, kukri knife etc >

I cant change the order . i want the kukri knife before the gurkha kukri. But cant reorder it it.

and same in the sub categories

i want to change their order too.

There is no module named :Top Horizontal menu" there is only Horizontal Category Menu and when i configure it it gives the only option to edit the category depth and to enable the dynamic feature

Dorje,

Is this a special theme you use? It may be that it is a Top Horizontal menu LOOKALIKE, but with another name.

So go to modules->Modules and search (CTRL-F/Command-F) for 'menu' and see if there's another module with menu like characteristics. If you find one or more modules with menu in it's name, go into their configure page and see if you can see something that resembles the menu structure. (Make sure you select 'Total' in the categories list on the left to show all modules before searching)

However, If it is just the default theme:

did you show the all modules when searching?

Please try one more time:

Go to modules->Modules

and then select Front Office features to select the group of modules where Top Horizontal menu is part of.

Then scroll down to Top Horizontal Menu (I hope it's there then)

Hope this clears things up...

pascal