Voucher for one category and one qty

Hi! Yes you can definitely do that. Lets first do the one Category discount.

1)Back-Office>Price Rules>Cart Rules>[Green Plus Sign] Add new

2)Information:

Name-(add Name)

Code-(add code)

3)Conditions:

---- Set valid time, Total Available, and Total available for each user

---- Check mark the "Product Selection" - Click Green plus that drops down

---- This cart must contain at least [1] Product(s) matching the following Rules

----Add a rule concerning [dropdown] Categories, (click OK)

----Click open book that says choose, "Add" your Category and exit out

---- At this time you should see "The product(s) are matching on 1 of these"

4) Actions:

Apply a discount-Percent

Value- (add your percent discount)

Apply discount to- Selected Product(s)

Let me know if this works for you and we will do the next voucher.

• Like 1

Thanks Benjamin Utterback,

my idea is give my customer a voucher for a free sample, want to limit to 2 samples (one qty for each)

I set Percent to 100%

however, the whole cart to be 100% free , any products (not free sample) are now free if they use this coupon

How can I limit to my sample product?

thanks a lot

Edited by hihihihi88 (see edit history)

Can you limit it to 1 item in the category? I did the category discount and put a limit of 1 voucher total AND one voucher per person within a category. When they went to use it, it took the discount off everything in their cart that was in that category. I want to limit it to one item. Is this possible? I read the 2 topics that were posted here and although they were very helpful and had a lot of info, it didn't answer my question. Is this possible?

Can you limit it to 1 item in the category? I did the category discount and put a limit of 1 voucher total AND one voucher per person within a category. When they went to use it, it took the discount off everything in their cart that was in that category. I want to limit it to one item. Is this possible? I read the 2 topics that were posted here and although they were very helpful and had a lot of info, it didn't answer my question. Is this possible?

Of course you can limit a discount to one product.

Simply

2)Information:

Name-(add Name)

Code-(Leave Code BLANK)

3)Conditions:

---- This cart must contain at least [1] Product(s) matching the following Rules

----Add a rule concerning [dropdown] Products, (click OK)

----Click open book that says choose, "Add" your Product and exit out

4) Actions:

Apply a discount-Percent

Apply discount to- Specific Product(s)>Chose your product

Right, you can limit the rule to specific products, of course. But as I understand it, Foxygardner wants the discount to apply to any one item from a category, and if there is more than one item from that category in the cart, then the discount should still only apply to (the first?) one. Foxygardner, is that it?

And that we cannot do yet in PrestaShop: we have "The cart must contain at least [1] product matching the following rules", but not "The cart must contain at most...". Correct me if I'm wrong: I'd love to update the doc on this :)

I actually asked a developer if this "at least/at most" selector could become a feature a few weeks ago, and it seems to require a hefty addition in the code, so it's not yet planned.

Hi Xavier, I believe you can. Let's try this.

2)Information:

Name-(add Name)

Code-(Leave Code BLANK)

3)Conditions:

----Add a rule concerning [dropdown] Categories, (click OK)

----Click open book that says choose, "Add" your Category and exit out

4) Actions:

Apply a discount-Percent

Apply discount to- Specific Product(s)>Chose your product(s) that you want the discount to apply to.

When you do this... Your customer can put multiple products from that ONE Category and the Discount will ONLY apply to the product(s) you listed under Actions>Apply discount to- Specific Product(s)

Thank you everyone for your responses. Unfortunately, they won't work for me because my products are clothes that come in different sizes on options so I would have to create way way too many cart rules. Can you recommend a module that can help me with this? I want to do 2 things:

1. Offer 1 free item within a category (there are many products but I want to limit it to them getting 1 product of the many choices)

2. offer a buy one, get one 1/2 off. then they would have to buy another at full price to recieve another 1/2 off, and so on.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you everyone for your responses. Unfortunately, they won't work for me because my products are clothes that come in different sizes on options so I would have to create way way too many cart rules. Can you recommend a module that can help me with this? I want to do 2 things: 1. Offer 1 free item within a category (there are many products but I want to limit it to them getting 1 product of the many choices) 2. offer a buy one, get one 1/2 off. then they would have to buy another at full price to recieve another 1/2 off, and so on.

Hi! you can do this in PrestaShop, you can utilize the "Selected Products" Action to a Percentage discount. That way, you can say

If you buy (anything within this category) you will can choose between (Selected Products) and get it Free!

for number 2) it is the same way, except with a "50%" discount to (Selected Products) after your purchase one item at Full price.

• 2 months later...

Hi Vekia

Thanks for the reply

I meant in the Action tab

Here.. in "seleccionar productos" Nothing happens.. I can´t select any product

vocuher.png

The Selected Products Refers to the Products you selected in the "Conditions Tab"

That means the Category that you set as a condition, only those products will receive the discount. 

Thanks Benjamin

That clears it.. the spanish translation is kind of confusing, is saying "Select Products"..

I did a voucher but it discounts everything on the cart, is kind of chosing the first option "Order"

So maybe thats a bug of prestashop 1.5.4.1?

This is what i´ve been trying to do

lets say i want to offer 50% discount in all the strollers accesories when just when a client buys a stroller, but only accesories not the stroller

Because i can do that for one product using the "specific product" option, but i cant find how to do it for more than 1 product or a whole category

Thanks

Edited by jlopez82 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

The Selected Products Refers to the Products you selected in the "Conditions Tab"

That means the Category that you set as a condition, only those products will receive the discount. 

No, Benjamin, discount code is valid for everything in cart, just if you have 1 product from selected for discount in the cart.

I nothised that on Presta 1.4.7  engine work fine, and vouchers work for current category only.

I'm wondering why in presta 1.5. this not work as well.

Edited by g.georgiev (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

This is a very interesting discussion and I find I have the same problem. Has there been any solution to this question in recent times ?

Here is my situation.

We run a competition to win a free garment. The winner choses which garment they would like to win as part of their entry to the competition.

When the winner is chosen we want to give a code to the winner so they can place the order for their free garment. The voucher must only allow them to order a quantity of 1. (Otherwise they win ore than one prize)

We can already limit the voucher to the garment they named in their entry details however they could enter a qty 5 and this would be given FOC in the way the rules currently seem to work. How do you limit the maximum quantity allowed ? 

Presta-shop would be even better with this ability to limit a quantity to a maximum number because it simplifies the competition process and also the administration.

Is there any answer to this problem ?