How 18 thousand books in to 1.5.4.1?

Hello, I have a problem with the site that i'm managing to sell antique books online. Now the site is under maintenance. At the moment I'm using version 1.5.4.1 because it was recommended to me by my seller theme XXXX which i have set the theme for the version 1.5.4.1 . But now I have to enter in this bookstore approximately 18 thousand books.

The problem is that i have to enter information about

- the author

- the publisher

- year edition

- place of publication

that are not available by default in the fields of import.

There is a module that CERTAINLY works well both as an import .csv that for export to .csv file?

Thanks and looking forward to a your answer.

Hi,

Either you write your own script, or try using the csv import, it can import features, and you can set the author, publisher,... as features.

For me, i rather write my own script. I find them more accurate, specially because i know certain values (like tax rate, lang ids,...) than use the generic one.

The csv import, is a great tool, but since it's too generic it can "misundertand" some simple values. And it crashes more often due to server limitations. But give it a try, sometimes i get the input values correctly formated and it works better.

Hi,

Either you write your own script, or try using the csv import, it can import features, and you can set the author, publisher,... as features.

For me, i rather write my own script. I find them more accurate, specially because i know certain values (like tax rate, lang ids,...) than use the generic one.

The csv import, is a great tool, but since it's too generic it can "misundertand" some simple values. And it crashes more often due to server limitations. But give it a try, sometimes i get the input values correctly formated and it works better.

I am not programr, and i don't know write for me any scripts.

Data Import i tried so many times and i have always had problems. Then with the 1.5.4.1 I cannot import some characteristics (as already mentioned above)

They can be imported as features. Are you having problems with importing them as features?

The data i can not be imported as features in version 1.5.4.1

The thinness characteristics are for example Author, Edition, Place Edition ... approximately 18 thousand books.

Now I can only import products (unfortunately only max 10 !) and categories only in version 1.4.10 and I don't know a module that in 1.5.4.1 is capable of doing so.

Hi roro_1, why can't you import them as features? That is a default field and it can be uploaded that way. It's also better to import them as features because it can easily be sorted by your customers. 18,000 books is a lot of products and I would make sure that you have a server that is ready and capable to import such a large number. I would definitely break it down into smaller pieces. If you can only import 10 at a time then you may need to talk to your Hosting Provider to see how they can increase your server limits.