Remove Siret & Ape fields from B2B registration.

go to the localization > country

click on edit button near the country you've got active (if you've got many countries you have to edit them one by one)

you've got there Address format field:

N4NAXY0.png

just remove the vat_number and save changes

after that this field will not be necessary

• 2 months later...

go to the localization > country

click on edit button near the country you've got active (if you've got many countries you have to edit them one by one)

you've got there Address format field:

N4NAXY0.png

just remove the vat_number and save changes

after that this field will not be necessary

PS 1.5.5.0 - My store is in the US, How can I add EIN and Reseller No. for USA customers. 

Also, If a customer has Reseller No. then how do I make this customer Tax-Exempt?  I can't find a way to exempt a Customer or a Group from taxes.

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi

I recover this post because i have the same problem, and the changes on the localization > country have no effect on the front office.

Not only this fields but all other fields. Even if i remove all the fields, the information that appears on the frontoffice is always the same

• Like 1

Did you just remove the APE and SIRET fields in the authentication.tpl?

I went to Location > Translations.  In there select Front Office Translations then click the flag icon.  Then with my browser I did a "VAT " search and replaced with "EIN " (the USA equivalent tax ID).

Does anybody know why the VAT isn't associated with the user? and instead it is associated with the address?

Edited by dformica (see edit history)

Did you just remove the APE and SIRET fields in the authentication.tpl?

I went to Location > Translations.  In there select Front Office Translations then click the flag icon.  Then with my browser I did a "VAT " search and replaced with "EIN " (the USA equivalent tax ID).

Does anybody know why the VAT isn't associated with the user? and instead it is associated with the address?

Yes, i've just removed them

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

What I don't get is SIRET and APE are in the US version, but not needed. However, for us a Tax ID number is necessary for most B2B sites, but when you enable the tax ID for the country, it's not shown in the customer screen in the admin, but both SIRET and APE are. With no easy way of showing it except to hack the code and when an update is released, we lose our customizations. Developers need to have a better way of handling customer information. At least in version 1.5 you could disable the birthday fields for customers but that's even been removed in 1.6. Very frustrating.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...