Tutorial on using APC to speed up your shop

Nice, thank you Dh42!

IIRC, the PHP project leaders were supposedly looking into making APC a core component of PHP, starting with version 6. Is this still true? If so, in my book this means that APC would easily become the PHP accelerator of choice...

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)

Yeah, I saw that like 2 days after I wrote the article. But the good think about it is that most vps accounts do not run the bleeding edge of php software. So it will be another year at least until it is main stream.

About the prestashop keeping up with it, it really does not matter if they keep up with it or not. Tomer pointed out to me that in 1.5 there is an option "turn it on" or "enable it" but the thing is, it does not have to be. Basically any php application will utilize it if it is installed on the server. I currently have about 10 shops that from 14. to 1.5 deployed with it and have not had a problem.

True, it does. I am trying right now to see what queries are not needed, like the front of the queries the admin tabs for every user. I am also looking at how to speed them up as well.

But this still works to speed up a shop, did you look at the file load times in the article and the memory usage.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Dh42,

I run PHP version 5.3.28 and Apache 2, Prestashop version 1.5.4.1

Have follow your instal instructions, but there wil nothing come up, (php.info).

I have run the instal instructions again, and they tell me that all the things are installed..

The only thing I have see, that there are not making the directory php.d and the file apc.ini. I have these added manually and type the ini file that I can see on your instructions..but nothing will coming up..

Are there some changes in the last version of the APC or where can I find the installed files back?

Thnx in Advance,

Generaal

Edited by Generaal (see edit history)