Need help - SQL Query for Product Customization on Orders

Rhapsody

I am using the 1.5.4.1 BO SQL Manager to generate some custom queries that produce reports of certain products ordered. When I create a SQL query that pulls the data without the product customization, everything is fine, and each product ordered is displayed on a single line.

If I have product customizations (e.g. 4 text fields), the display repeats the product on multiple lines with the product customizations displayed one at a time in the designated field columns, in repeated lines. (e.g. customized field 1 on 1st line, customized field 2 on 2nd line, etc.)

How do I force the 4 text fields for display customizations on one line with the product ordered?

This is the code that is supposed to display the customized text:

IF(LOCATE('Club 420 Skipper', cfl.name)> 0, cd.value , " ") AS "Club 420 Skipper",
IF(LOCATE('Club 420 Crew', cfl.name)> 0, cd.value , " ") AS "Club 420 Crew",
IF(LOCATE('Club or program', cfl.name)> 0, cd.value , " ") AS "Club ",
IF(LOCATE('Sail Number', cfl.name)> 0, cd.value , " ") AS "Sail ",

This is the code that joins the tables to pull the data:

LEFT JOIN `ps_customization` cz ON cz.`id_cart` = o.`id_cart`
LEFT JOIN `ps_customization_field` cf ON cf.`id_product` = cz.`id_product`
LEFT JOIN `ps_customized_data` cd ON cd.`id_customization` = cz.`id_customization`
LEFT JOIN `ps_customization_field_lang` cfl ON cfl.`id_customization_field` = cd.`index`

Below is the full SQL query

SELECT  concat_ws(' ', c.`firstname`, c.`lastname`) "Ordered by",  (c.`email`) "Email" ,  (a.phone_mobile) "Phone", (o.id_order) "Order",  (n.product_reference) "Ref", (o.id_order) "Order", (n.product_quantity)  "Qty",(o.payment)  "Payment", (o.valid)  "Rcvd",
IF(LOCATE('Club 420 Skipper', cfl.name)> 0, cd.value , " ") AS "Club 420 Skipper",
IF(LOCATE('Club 420 Crew', cfl.name)> 0, cd.value , " ") AS "Club 420 Crew",
IF(LOCATE('NBYA Member : Yes', n.product_name)> 0, "Member" , "No") AS "NBYA",
IF(LOCATE(' Liability Waiver Accepted : Yes', n.product_name)> 0, "Ok" , "Needed") AS "Waiver",
IF(LOCATE('Class Entered : C420 Div I', n.product_name)> 0, 1 , "") AS "420 Div I",
IF(LOCATE('Class Entered : C420 DII', n.product_name)> 0, 1, "") AS "420 Div II",
IF(LOCATE('Class Entered : Opti Red Girl', n.product_name)> 0, 1, "") AS "Opti Red Girl",
IF(LOCATE('Class Entered : Opti Blue Girl', n.product_name)> 0, 1, "") AS "Opti Blue Girl",
IF(LOCATE('Class Entered : Opti White Girl', n.product_name)> 0, 1, "") AS "Opti White Girl",
IF(LOCATE('Class Entered : Opti Green Fleet', n.product_name)> 0, 1, "") AS "Opti Green",
IF(LOCATE('Class Entered : Laser Radial', n.product_name)>  0, 1, "") AS "Laser Radial"

FROM `ps_orders` o
LEFT JOIN `ps_customer` c ON c.`id_customer` = o.`id_customer`
LEFT JOIN `ps_address` a ON a.`id_customer` = c.`id_customer`
LEFT JOIN `ps_order_detail` n ON n.`id_order` = o.`id_order`
LEFT JOIN `ps_customized_data` cd ON cd.`id_customization` = cz.`id_customization`
LEFT JOIN `ps_customization_field_lang` cfl ON cfl.`id_customization_field` = cd.`index`
WHERE (o.current_state < 5)
AND  (n.`product_reference` LIKE "MRM13")
AND o.`id_address_delivery` = a.`id_address`
AND YEAR (o.`date_add`)=YEAR(NOW())

ORDER BY  c.lastname, o.id_order,  n.product_reference

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Maybe try to RTRIM the value?

IF(LOCATE('Club 420 Skipper', cfl.name)> 0, RTRIM(cd.value) , " ") AS "Club 420 Skipper",

(Sorry, Have no database contents available to try...)
pascal

Pascal - the problem is the various values that may have been entered for a single product are not displayed, only a single customized text field that displays a single value then moves on to the next record.  I did try your rtrim suggestion but it didn't work.  I can give you BO office if you would like to try the query on actual data.  Send me a pm and I will setup a login for you.

Edited by Rhapsody (see edit history)

Try GROUP_CONCAT function in the SELECT statement.

This is close, but not quite there.  Here is a sample of the output.  The data in the fields seem to be repeated.

Benjamin Collins, Benjamin Collins, Benjamin Collins, Myles Carey, Myles Carey, Myles Carey, 6669, 6669, 6669

What did your select statement look like (with the group_concat)?

This is the group concat used:

group_concat(cd.value separator ', ') AS "Text Fields",

I also sent you a pm with BO login information so you can see the query with the actual data.

Hi Rhapsody,

A tough one....

As we have more customization fields (i.e. they are in separate rows in ps_custmization_data) you want to add on a single line, it seems to me you could, instead of a locate(...), a sub-SELECT or so to get the correct line out of 4 (i.e. the four that belong to the data on the rest of the line) and then show this one.

Not sure how to interconnect them all though... :-(

pascal

Publish your SQL query and we can do something with it.

Below is the SQL query.  I'll be offline for the next week at sea and will check in when I return.  Even if the product customization results are grouped on multiple lines but the customizations are not repeated, that is better than nothing. Thanks for the help.

SELECT  concat_ws(' ', c.`firstname`, c.`lastname`) "Ordered by",  (c.`email`) "Email" ,  IF((a.phone_mobile)!="", a.phone_mobile, a.phone) "Phone", (o.id_order) "Order",  (n.product_reference) "Ref", (o.id_order) "Order", (n.product_quantity)  "Qty",(o.payment)  "Payment", (o.valid)  "Rcvd",
IF(LOCATE('Club 420 Skipper', cfl.name)> 0, RTRIM(cd.value) , " ") AS "Club 420 Skipper",
IF(LOCATE('CREW', cfl.name)> 0, cd.value , " ") AS "Club 420 Crew",
group_concat(cd.value separator ', ') AS "Text Fields",

IF(LOCATE('NBYA Member : Yes', n.product_name)> 0, "Member" , "No") AS "NBYA",
IF(LOCATE(' Liability Waiver Accepted : Yes', n.product_name)> 0, "Ok" , "Needed") AS "Waiver",
IF(LOCATE('Div I ', n.product_name)> 0, 1 , "") AS "420 Div I",
IF(LOCATE('Div II ', n.product_name)> 0, 1, "") AS "420 Div II"

FROM `ps_orders` o
LEFT JOIN `ps_customer` c ON c.`id_customer` = o.`id_customer`
LEFT JOIN `ps_address` a ON a.`id_customer` = c.`id_customer`
LEFT JOIN `ps_order_detail` n ON n.`id_order` = o.`id_order`

WHERE (o.current_state < 5)
AND  (n.`product_reference` LIKE "C4202")
AND o.`id_address_delivery` = a.`id_address`
AND YEAR (o.`date_add`)=YEAR(NOW()) 

GROUP BY o.id_order
ORDER BY  c.lastname, o.id_order,  n.product_reference

Edited by Rhapsody (see edit history)

• 1 year later...