Removing Add to Cart button.

Hello,

I am using version 1.5.4.1 and I know I can remove the price and such, but what about the Add to Cart button, Wishlist and PayPal buttons? See attachments...

I want them gone on the pages I don't have a price and there on the pages that do.

Currently I have a main website and a separate shopping cart, I would like drop the crappy oscommerce shopping cart and just have 1 site. Prestashop so far is the best 1 I have seen for this.

post-605365-0-36138600-1372767331_thumb.jpg

post-605365-0-34049300-1372767348_thumb.jpg

well

this is problematic thing because you want to remove it not from all pages but only from certain pages

you can for example disable add to cart feature with product quantities (if product is out of stock - then add to cart isn't available)

just set up quantities for your stuff, and "don't allow to order product which is out of stock" (in the shop settings)

It looks like it is disabled.

I am looking at

Preferences > Products

Display unavailable product attributes on the product page - No

Display the "add to cart" button when a product has attributes - No

Allow ordering of out-of-stock products - No

I just think if you are able to remove the prices and info related to that, why not the Add to Cart button, too?

Edited by mdius (see edit history)

you should review the native prestashop catalog mode....this however will remove, for example, add to cart from your entire site. it is worth checking out...if it works in most cases then you can modify native prestashop check for catalog mode to show certain things where you want them...and then at least work with native prestashop and not against it. :)

vekia

The button is "disabled" so if you click on it nothing happened. But I just did not want it seen.

I been messing with prestashop for over a month now and I think I am finally realizing the way it set up it just will not work for my needs.

• 5 weeks later...

you should review the native prestashop catalog mode....this however will remove, for example, add to cart from your entire site. it is worth checking out...if it works in most cases then you can modify native prestashop check for catalog mode to show certain things where you want them...and then at least work with native prestashop and not against it. :)

How do you do this?? =)

How do you do this?? =)

for 1.4/1.5 back office-->preferences-->products Catalog Mode 'Y', save

I have 'cool' modules, Authorized Only and Registered only. Very mature...I simply (one line of code) switch shop from catalog to non-catalog mode based on logged/non-logged.

1.4 and 1.5 compliant...1.5 allows you to run a retail site (non-catalog mode) and wholsesale/dist/mfg private shop on another multishop using same product line.

http://www.etiendas.co/en/29-prestashop-private-shop

happy prestashopping

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

In presta 1.5.6.1 I use the options in the top right of the main tab of a product:

Options     
    Available for order
    show price
    Online only (not sold in store)

Just mark only "Show price"  to have the "Add to cart button removed for this product.

• 1 year later...

If you want to, you can hide the Add to cart button from the category page for products that have attributes and are offered in different combinations. You can do this from the backend of your PrestaShop. After you log in to the back office, click on the Preferences tab and then on the Products sub-tab. Find the option Display the "add to cart" button when a product has attributes and mark the No button. Then click on the Save button at the bottom of the page, and that's it. Now a product that has attributes can be added to the cart only from the product page, and not from the category page.

Edited by new100 (see edit history)