Bug in new Gsitemap 2.2.3 : page doesn't exist

hello

I've got the information that Gsitemap is available in the new 2.2.3 version today. I upgrade the module and generates a sitemap

the new gsitemap link generated is : http://www.cadeaufou.com/1_index_sitemap.xml

BUT google shows error message and also when clicking on the link, the browser is showing "page doesn't exist"

Can you help ?

• Like 3

Hi

There're at least two bugs :

1. Name file generated : It's not 1_index_sitemap.xml but in my case 1_fr_0_sitemap.xml
  2. Link cron in link some caracters as added "%20" then token can't be checked

Cheers

Hello all, please report this issue to the forge-bug-tracker Using the forge would be the best way to investigate, track and solve this issue. If it is indeed a bug, you can be sure that it will be our priority to fix. Thank you!

I don't understand why te members of the prestateam ask US to post on a complicated bug reprort system and only available in english ! they could use the time they spend to write here to report the bug on their own !

I don't understand why te members of the prestateam ask US to post on a complicated bug reprort system and only available in english ! they could use the time they spend to write here to report the bug on their own !

Hi FrenchMaster, thanks for the feedback. The reason is because that is the community BugTracker, when you create it, other members can vote on it and comment. I'm not giving you the advice because I'm lazy, but because it will help you and the whole community.

Have you rolled back to the previous version of gsitemap for the time-being?

Hi Benjamin

I wrote my previous message because I can imagine that a lot of people dn't speak english. As far as I know, Prestashop was initially a french project. Why don't you offer a french version of the bug tracker ?

I am a lucky guy, because I speak several languages... so for me it is OK, but for many others it is not.

Regarding the problem with the news Gsitemap, I can understand that we can discover some bugs but here a simple try should hae been enough to detect it BEFORE publishing it... I just checked the bug tracker. The problem has been opened there, but nobody took it in consideration until now. SEO and Gsitemap are a MAJOR issue for an eshop ! How long will it take ?

Regarding the roll-back... I was very surprised not to find the gsitemap module in the module directory ! I just found some files in the /controller/ directory.

Can you at least explain how to make a roll back from this module ?

I also had the same problem, I just uninstall gsitemap et reinstall it and all works fine now

Hi

I confirm in my case uninstall/reinstall solve the problem about xml generation.

But cron url is always bad formatted with spacing in token part.

Hello PS folks,

From Belgium, the same prob..v1.5.4.1

Reinstalled again, and now generate a 1

_index.xml file.

I have a question, when you use some SEO tools, they report there are no index.xml file in your root.

Thinking about the 1_index name and not Simply index.xml?

Best Regards,

Generaal

+1 with the issue.

Stupid to release a patch which makes everything break. Please check prior to release.

Also now Google will not index my language site maps as there is errors in it.

How do you roll-back?

Edited by mdgt (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Tried to reset, uninstall whatsoever with no luck. In fact if clicking reset, it will say not possible and afterwards the module just appear as deactivated.

How is it possible to roll back to the previous version?

I had the same problem. I uninstalled, reinstalled and regenerated, and it "worked". But the same error persisted, as I have tried to get help for to no avail.

On CMS pages it makes errors such as this: www.myshop.com/en/content/3-bestallningsvillkor (while it should be www.myshop.com/sv/information/3-bestallningsvillkor), I have renamed content to /information, but it doesn't show at all. And for some reason it uses /en instead of /sv.

For categories, it makes it like this: www.myshop.com/en/18-stickers-skins while it should be: www.myshop.com/sv/18-stickers-skins

I've been looking around for some premium alternative, asked for help here etc., but there doesn't seem to be a solution to this.

Hi,

Same issue here.

I don't use the url generated by the module, but use the one specific to my language (I found it by looking through the sitemap.xml files via FTP).

I type the full address into a browser and it shows the xml file and sitemap details as before... however, when I add/test the sitemap in google it returns a lot of errors saying that xml tags are missing.

Too many errors to resubmit to google.

Please update immediately.

Thanks!

Tried to reset, uninstall whatsoever with no luck. In fact if clicking reset, it will say not possible and afterwards the module just appear as deactivated.

How is it possible to roll back to the previous version?

I am from Italy and I have this problem:

The new Google sitemap has generate the file: 1_it_0_sitemap.xml but it not work because when I update it on Google Web master tools it give only errors and tell me:

TAG XML IS MISSING

How is it possible to roll back to the previous version (I don't remember the release of this) ?

thanks

p.s. I have deinstalled and reinstalled it but I have the same problem...

Edited by fida (see edit history)

Hi, you can download the module from the link that Youness provided. From there you will need to go to your CPanel or your FTP and replace the module folder gsitemap.

You need to click on the "Code" link and then a pop up will open, from there you click on Download Zip.

It will include all the modules and you can select gsitemap to update your stores module. Make sure to always confirm a working code before you touch any files. Thank you!

post-360108-0-36673100-1373410462_thumb.jpg

Hi, you can download the module from the link that Youness provided. From there you will need to go to your CPanel or your FTP and replace the module folder gsitemap.

You need to click on the "Code" link and then a pop up will open, from there you click on Download Zip.

It will include all the modules and you can select gsitemap to update your stores module. Make sure to always confirm a working code before you touch any files. Thank you!

post-360108-0-36673100-1373410462_thumb.jpg

Will the errors I have brought up here ever be fixed? Only thing I noticed in this update, is even more errors as CMS pages are not included.

Edited by Bocko (see edit history)

The version 2.2.5 resolve the upgrade bug, images URLs are now included in the page URL tag

<url>

<loc>http://somestore.com/en/music-ipods/1-ipod-nano.html</loc>

<priority>0.4</priority>

<lastmod>2013-07-09T15:45:25-04:00</lastmod>

<changefreq>weekly</changefreq>

<image:image>

<image:loc>http://somestore.com/15/ipod-nano.jpg</image:loc>

<image:caption>New design. New features. Now in 8GB and 16GB. iPod nano rocks like never before.</image:caption>

<image:title>iPod Nano</image:title>

</image:image>

</url>

To install the module Google Sitemap 2.2.5 from Github please follow the steps below:

- click on the link to Github then click on the "<> Code" tab on the top right of the files list,

- a download button will appear at the left down corner of the files list.

- Click to download the master.zip of all the modules, unzip it and create a zip file from gsitemap folder,

- use the modules admin page of your store to make the upgrade.

• Like 1

Sorry but i have always error

#  Type Problème Description Nombre de problèmes Exemple Ligne Détectée

Erreurs

Balise XML manquante

Cette balise obligatoire est introuvable. Ajoutez-la et réessayez.

Sitemap :myndd.com/1_gb_0_sitemap.xml
Balise parent : url
Tag : loc

10 juil. 2013
Sitemap : myndd.com/1_gb_0_sitemap.xml

10 juil. 2013
Sitemap : myndd.com/1_gb_0_sitemap.xml

10 juil. 2013

• Like 2

On presta 1.4.11 got this error with 2.2.5

Warning: require(/home/XXX/public_html/modules/gsitemap/backward_compatibility/backward.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXX/public_html/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap.php on line 127

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/XXX/public_html/modules/gsitemap/backward_compatibility/backward.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/XXX/public_html/modules/gsitemap/gsitemap.php on line 127

Edited by manouille (see edit history)

In norwegian but the main site map works but when google searches my language site maps it results in an error.:

Missing XML code, add code and re-run.

both 2.3.3 and 2.3.5 gives this errors.

Type Problem Beskrivelse Totalt antall problemer Eksempel Linje Oppdaget
Feil
Manglende XML-kode
Denne nødvendige koden mangler. Legg til koden, og send inn på nytt.
Nettkart: www.vivasanshop.no/1_no_0_sitemap.xml
Overordnet kode: url
Etikett: loc
12. juli 2013
12. juli 2013

Hi,

I think it works, cause it can crawl my sitemap, only with URLs not accessible.. with warnings from the sitemap that some URLs deom site is not accessible to Googlebot due to HTTP status error.

not sure is the issue with the module or is my website issue.

Still cannot get it to work with the officicial 2.2.5 now released.

The URL for Google Webmaster tools is stated should be: 1_index_sitemap.xml, but this will just give 404 error.

When cheching FTP, the sitemap files are called 1_da_0_sitemap.xml, 1_en_0_sitemap.xml etc. for each language.

When trying to add that url instead in webmaster tools, it will respond with a XML tag missing.

Tried to reset the module (which is not possible), tried to uninstall/install manually too.

I've installed the 2.2.6 version and received just one message error, about dir and file permissions. I've created 1_index_sitemap.xml, index_sitemap.xml, ecc. all setted to 777. Nothing!

So I've used drastic manners :angry: :

1) create a dir, sitemap, under the root, with (RECURSION) PERMISSION 777

2) modify gsitemap.php, replacing all strings: '/../../' with '/../../sitemap/'

It works and all sitemap files are now in YourSiteRoot/sitemap

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...