Stripe Module Does Not Appear on Prestashop After Configuration

I'm running Prestashop 1.5.3.1 and have configured the Stripe module with applicable Stripe account so that my client can accept credit cards on the site outside of PayPal doing this. The API publishable and secret keys have all been configured properly per the account, and Prestashop is reporting "all green" on the Stripe checks.

The problem that I'm having is that with a properly configured Stripe module that is showing up as one of the Payment modules to choose from, the Stripe "credit card" option does not appear on the Website during the payment step so that customer can choose this option to pay with a credit card if they don't want to use PayPal for that purpose.

I contacted Stripe technical support, Jonathan Hernandez at [email protected], to ask for assistance earlier today and received an email this afternoon with the response that Stripe does not directly support the Prestashop plugin for Stripe and he referred me to Prestashop Technical Support. I have to wonder why Stripe is an available module in Prestashop if they aren't willing or don't directly support it and simply pass me off to Prestashop for support? One additional item that is worthy of note is that when the Webhook URL (https://www.dogdoorcanineservices.com/prestastore/prestashop/modules/stripejs/webhooks.php?token=4f7dc438ff0651e5a358f564e8069326) is tested on the Stripe account under Account Settings > Webhook, the following error is generated: Test Webhook error code: 501.

Can anyone tell me why the Stripe module does not appear on my Prestashop storefront even though it is configured and has the "all green" indicating that everything has been configured properly? Please see the attached screenshot of the Stripe module backoffice technical checks.

Thank you.

Dan Calloway

post-482826-0-26645100-1372131720_thumb.jpg

Edited by dancallo (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hi Dancallo - are you getting any help on this?

We are having a nightmare with the Stripe Plugin and no-one seems to want to help. We tried Stripe who keep referring us to freelancers.com. We tried the developer who says his live version works fine (it doesn't we tested it).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello all, The new Stripe Module 0.9.6 is updated to accept GBP, Euro and Dollar. You can download it for Free here, http://addons.prestashop.com/en/payments-gateways-prestashop-modules/6611-stripe.html

Keep me updated on any issues that you have and of course make sure to TEST and BACKUP before you change Modules. Thanks!

I am using the latest update 0.9.6 but It still isn't showing credit card options.

I have cleared the cache and all that but nothing is working

I been having this same issue for a while and been working on it and trying to figure out whats causing it but no luck. I even switch everything back to java to see if thats going to help but still nothing. I think there is a problem with just the module it self. If i figure out anything i let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

I still not figured nothing with it and seem like no one can help. I contacted the developer but no contact back. I don't think they even know what to do.

I don't know if we have the same problem but I have two currencies on my site and stripe only disappears when customers are trying to check out in a currency other than $$ so I am trying to put up something that reminds customers to switch back to $$ at check out. once they do stripe comes back up as a payment option. Hope this helps.

I am having same issue.

strip 0.9.6, not showing credit card option while checkout. Tried PayPal module but unfortunately it has other problem (the transaction made through won't display on the prestashop both customer side and back end...)

Is there any working payment module that is working and I can move forward to make my site go live.

Hope someone can help me.

I am having same issue.

strip 0.9.6, not showing credit card option while checkout. Tried PayPal module but unfortunately it has other problem (the transaction made through won't display on the prestashop both customer side and back end...)

Is there any working payment module that is working and I can move forward to make my site go live.

Hope someone can help me.

what currency is your store in? if it's not in dollars it wont work

• 2 months later...

Hello All, As of Feb 11 2014 Stripe is not set up to accept over 100 currencies, however settlement must be in 4 main currencies USD, GBP,EURO.

The problem is we are stuck with version 0.96 and it has not been updated. Can someone advise when this module will be updated?

v0.9.7 was released some time ago, however Prestashop no longer supports Stripe and has removed it from the addons store.  If you search the forums, you will find a couple of links where you can download that version.

I have also released a "Stripe reloaded" module on my website which is available for purchase.  Unlike free modules that lack support, purchasing my module includes free technical support and upgrades to the module

• Like 1

• 2 years later...