Guest checkout problem

I'm using version 1.4.8 and trying to setup the guest 5 step checkout.

When you go to checkout and type your name, address etc a "firstname is required" and "lastname is required" error message occurs even though it's filled in. If you click continue a second time it works and you go to the next screen.

Any ideas what's going on here? and how to fix it?

It's not unique to this site as it's doing the same in 2 other prestashop sites I have (using 1.4)

post-382157-0-27823000-1371226888_thumb.png

Also, you might try making a dev site and upgrading to the latest version in the 1.4 branch. I remember I ran into this problem some time ago and what it was doing is not actually trying to validate those two fields, but trying to validate the hidden name fields that you do not see when you are using guest checkout. For the life of me I cannot remember what I did to solve it though.

@tomerg3 I am using a theme, it's this one from Template Monster http://www.templatemonster.com/prestashop-themes/39540.html I'm not sure if the problem occurs with the default theme, I guess it doesn't though and if it did PS would have sorted it by now.

@Thanks for that. I might have to try that, i'm just so busy i'd hoped to find a quicker solution. Can you remember which page I need to look at? i.e where's all the code relating to the checkout form fields?

• 1 month later...

@tomerg3 I am using a theme, it's this one from Template Monster http://www.templatem...emes/39540.html I'm not sure if the problem occurs with the default theme, I guess it doesn't though and if it did PS would have sorted it by now.

@Thanks for that. I might have to try that, i'm just so busy i'd hoped to find a quicker solution. Can you remember which page I need to look at? i.e where's all the code relating to the checkout form fields?

I got the same fault, how did you solve this please ?

Still trying to figure it out!

I have spent hours, probably days on this. As great as Prestashop is, this problem alone has made me look elsewhere. When a client wants something as fundamental as a guest checkout and two months later they still haven't got it there's no excuse.

It just doesn't work. it displays the errors in my original post and then won't checkout using a credit card. I think it's not checking out because there's something up with the form values on the guest checkout form. I'm just not sure what to check or change.

@BBBBB are you using a template monster theme? just to narrow it down to the theme or something more fundamental with Prestashop.

Ok, i've figured out the firstname, lastname error, or how to get round it anyway.

Basically, when you autofill the guest checkout form the error occurs. You need to manually type in the first name and surname. To force the user to manually type add ....autocomplete="off" to the firstname and surname input boxes....

<input type="text" id="firstname" name="firstname" autocomplete="off" onblur="$('#customer_firstname').val($(this).val());" value="{if isset($smarty.post.firstname)}{$smarty.post.firstname}{/if}">

The code is in the authentication.tpl file.

Hopefully, this will solve my checkout issue too!

I have spent hours, probably days on this. As great as Prestashop is, this problem alone has made me look elsewhere. When a client wants something as fundamental as a guest checkout and two months later they still haven't got it there's no excuse.

It just doesn't work. it displays the errors in my original post and then won't checkout using a credit card. I think it's not checking out because there's something up with the form values on the guest checkout form. I'm just not sure what to check or change.

@BBBBB are you using a template monster theme? just to narrow it down to the theme or something more fundamental with Prestashop.

Thanks for the reply! It won't work... I reverted to 'normal account creation' , 'disabled quick checkout'... and from then on I even had this problem now for the 'Normal checkout'.

I edited the 'classes/address.php' to force lastname not required ..., required => false... not the right solution, but the shop was not functioning so I had to force this...

'lastname' => array('type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'validate' => 'isName', 'required' => false, 'size' => 32),

Hopefully anyone can help or shine a light :(

• 1 year later...

Account activation   Please click activation link below to activate your account

Hello,

Same problem:

Instant Checkout

compare if some mail is in register list and if its not prestashop 1.4.8 register user as guest, and send activation mail to user as i add text before, please can someone help to edit presta so instant buyer can with "continue" to go to enter credit card and buy without registering account in any way. Thank you.

• 1 year later...

I had the same issue and was able to resolve it:

It was due to an override to the override of the AuthController.php. In the AuthController.php override file, you just need to comment or delete the lines 40 and 42, which are not grabbing the correct last_name and first_name value from the form :

// $_POST['lastname'] = Tools::getValue('customer_lastname');
// $_POST['firstname'] = Tools::getValue('customer_firstname');