Easiest way to import customers/orders from 1.4

Hi,

I have just installed a fresh copy of 1.5.4.1 as I couldn't upgrade my 1.4 shop using 1-click Upgrade.

What would be the easiest way to import my customers, their addresses and order history?

Is it a case of just copying those tables accross from the old database into the new? Or does the PS 1.5.4.1 database use a different format?

Many thanks,

Ben

Hi bpenther, you can not copy the tables from 1.4 to 1.5.. At least I'm 90% sure.

The easiest way could mean different things. You could hire a service to do it for around 50 dollars. There are also modules that have features that will import that data. You can also make your own csv file and upload it.

What kind of easy solution are you looking for?

Thanks for your reply.

I am not sure how to export the data as a CSV file. Is that possible in version 1.4?

I also have Store Manager Pro, but can't seem to find a way to export/import customers/addresses/orders (I have used Storemanager for my categories and products)

Can you recommend any good modules or a company that could do it for me?

Thanks,

Ben

Also, check out this migration service, Cart to Cart. Use their free estimator here, https://app.shopping-cart-migration.com/estimator

Hi bpenther,

you really can move your customers/adresses/orders to a new installation using Cart2Cart. This way you won't need to install any software or do first import, then export of your data.

To do that please register your account at https://app.shopping-cart-migration.com and follow a simple Migration Wizard to set up the migration. Then you can perform free demo, check the results and if everything's ok, proceed with Full Migration. Here's a detailed tutorial on how to do that:

Concerning the price, as Benjamin has already mentioned, you can estimate it beforehands with Migration Estimator: just type in the amounts of your entities and click Get Estimates

Please let us know if you have any questions. Also, you can contact us at [email protected] and our Support Team will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Cart2Cart Team

Hi,

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I have a question about Storemanager. I can only get the customer data exported as an Excel spreadsheet (not CSV) and even then it doesn't contain some data such as the customer's registration date and gender which PS version 1.5 needs.

Thanks

If 1-click upgrade doesn't work, I always solved it by manual upgrade, but it requires some skills. Here is tuturial:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS15/Manual+update

It now says that this manual method is deprecated and you should use 1-click module always. I wonder why, this always worked well for me and from my experience 1-click module doesn't work on some hostings.

Another option - you can try to move your installation to localhost (use software like XAMPP) and try 1-click module on localhost. If it works, you can move the upgraded web back to your domain then.

However, MAKE FULL BACKUP (all files and database) before any upgrade.

Edited by webplus (see edit history)

bpenther,

Store Manager allows to export the following customers data into Excel/html files:

ID, Gender , Last name, First name, E-mail address, Age, Status, News subscription, Opt, Registration

You can contact [email protected] for more details.

Cart2Cart allows you to transfer data directly from database to database and it will move customer's registration date, but gender migration is not yet supported by default. This field can be moved only with additional migration customization for now.

Edited by MagneticOne (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

My admin and I have been wondering why presta would not care about their users enough to take care of migrating all the tables ( like prices and manufacturer references to the new structure) and not disrupt a business for weeks, then we saw the many modules for sale and it all makes sense now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi can some one please offer their knowledge about this. 

Our developer put our website babyoutlet.ph onto a subdomain back.babyoutlet.ph so that he could perform a test upgrade from 1.4.7 to 1.6.0.11 

The upgrade went fine, we then started moving around the navigation and layout etc on the test subdomain so that the site looks good on the test subdomain. We've been testing and building up the test subdoman website for about 2 weeks now. 

Now the test subdomain is almost ready our developer will be moving the website from the to subdomain to the live url. 

The problem is our live URL has had new orders and customers for the past 2 weeks that are not present on the test subdomain database. 

What can we do so that we dont loose all the information, orders, customers from the last 2 weeks when we transfer the website from the subdomain to the main URL. 

Many thanks, kris.