Hiding shipping costs

Hello

I'm quite new to Prestashop and I'm trying to quickly configure a new B2B shop.

I have a question: is there a way to hide shipping costs without the annoying write "It's free!"??

I explain you: I have to sell with invoice payment (30 days), and since I have also (but not only) heavy and bulky articles, I have to manually calculate the exact amount of shipping cost. So I'm searching for a method to let people choose the preferred shipping method without specifying its cost. How can I do this?

I'm aware that I can specify rules for calculate shipping costs based on weight/volume fo articles, but I'd really prefer to simply hide those costs, and comunicate the amount to customer later.

Thanks for your help, it would be really appreciated!

Kind regards,

Alex

Hallo

Since I found no module to change the amount of shipping costs after the order, I'm just programming a small update by myself; I had to figure out how PS code is structured, but 50% of work is already done, and I hope to complete the rest soon.

Now I'd like to ask again if someone knows a fast way to disable shipping costs showing on the site; putting costs to 0 trigger a "free delivery" writing... is there someone who knows a better way? Any help would be really appreciated! :-)

Kind regards

Alex

• 5 months later...

Hallo

Since I found no module to change the amount of shipping costs after the order, I'm just programming a small update by myself; I had to figure out how PS code is structured, but 50% of work is already done, and I hope to complete the rest soon.

Now I'd like to ask again if someone knows a fast way to disable shipping costs showing on the site; putting costs to 0 trigger a "free delivery" writing... is there someone who knows a better way? Any help would be really appreciated! :-)

Kind regards

Alex

Hello Alex,

Did you manage to fix this issue? how?

Thanks,

Mugur

Take for example COD module.  You could modify it's translations to indicate shipping will be added to the order and you will be billed.

This solves issue of deferred payment, as you can change the order status xlation for COD.  Send the customer an email (which you can customize via translations)...

Add the shipping to the order and then send request for payment.

Another candidate module would be 'check payment'...

again cod and check payments are whatever their translations (front page content/order status content) you want them to be.