Change shipping costs from backoffice after a customer order

Hi, prestashop doc says that's impossible to do.

Btw should not be so hard and I'd like to implement it, since I will have free shipping except for a few locations where there will be an additional amount (which is variable).

Instead of allowing negative vouchers (which actually should be quite easy but I don't like the idea of 'negative discounts'), I'd like to be able to edit the shipping cost (honestly I don't see why should be possible to change the amount of any good ordered, to reduce the amount of the order but not to increase it or change the shipping costs :) ).

Did someone already implemented this?

Thanks in advance.

I accidentally noticed that in classes/Order.php is already there the public function updateShippingCost ($amount).

I guess that this makes even easier to implement by editing the table #shipping_table in the back-office and adding a few lines of code in the function postProcess() of controllers/AdminOrdersController.php.

I will update this thread in case I decide to make this change.

• 2 weeks later...

i think we are trying to do the same thing. i want to have a shipping options that is Free Shipping in the US, then have an international one. when the international one is selected i want to be able to manually go in and add the shipping cost to the order.

i never thought of negative vouchers. maybe i can look into that as well.

i would like for the US orders to go through without the need for approval. (i will be using paypal) and the international ones to alert me to go figure out the shipping cost then add it to the order.

also, i didn't see a Orders.php file. I'm running 1.5.3.1

Edited by tonycajjo (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i think it may have something to do with using the website to track things for legal reasons so you really shouldn't be allowed to do it, therefore i would imagine you won't really find something. you could always pay a prestashop dev to do it if they would comply, dunno.

i gotta way around for what i need, but in the future i dunno.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Only for manual order for for orders made by customer 

Only for manual orders from BO.

for orders from customer we use uniquemodule to change carrier after the order is placed as we use only one default carrier in FO. 

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to make Variable Shipping module works, but still no success.

I installed that properly and it appears in the list of Carriers

vtq34Ze.png?1

When I create an order in the backoffice and select Variable Shipping from the list, I don't have any input fields

RX8ikrh.png?1

Also, if I go to the created order and try to edit shipping info, I can only add Tracking number, but not to change the price.

m7ydzrd.png?1

Any ideas?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys, the following is needed to proper install:

1) Module in zip archive

2) Zip file structure:

variableshipping.zip  [ archive ]

variableshipping [directory ]

...... [ content ]

Had to shorten the direcotry depth because in default it was 2-level depth and change the name to module name: "variableshipping" and it's working.

At presta version 1.6.1.1 and 1.6.1.0 no price edit possible, working to change that.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have the same issue on my prestashop website : "Variable Shipping: "Custom Shipping Carrier" must be configured to use this module correctly"

Can someone help me to solve this issue ? 

Thanks

Prestashop version : 1.6.1.3

• 9 months later...