[Solved] Top Horizontal Menu problem

Hi,

I get 2 different Top Horizontal Menu.

When I click on Logo I get this Top Horizontal Menu with 5 items:

When I click on Home (in Top Horizontal Menu) I get this Top Horizontal Menu with 4 items:

What I wish to do is to keep the menu with4 items.

I have already empty:

smarty/cache

smarty/compile

Please see 2 screen shots.

Thank you

Edited by bruce-rez (see edit history)

It seems that your "secure payment" cms page is missing the proper english translation as Dh said, just go to preferences-> cms and add it by accessing the page and clicking the english flag. On the other hand, if you added it via custom link just scroll down in the horizontal menu config page and edit that link, again, clicking the flag to add the english name afterwards

Nemo1,

Thank you for the info,

Actually I want to keep the Top Horizontal Menu with its 4 items [Home with its sub-categories, Shipping, About us, Contact us] and eliminate/remove the Secure payment. I think the two Top Horizontal Menu are different.

Thanks

I uninstalled the Top Horizontal Menu from back-office but strangely it's still showing in front office with this url

It's not showing in product pages.

In Browser:

I've cleared cache and Recent History.

Prestashop back-office:

Enabled Force Compile and disable Cache.

by FTP:

Cleared Smarty > cache and compile folders

Result:

The Top Horizontal Menu is still showing.

Has anybody experienced this issue?

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Hi Bruce, strange problem. As if the front page has it's 'own copy' of the Top menu somehow...

Did you try to turn 'Displayed' off on the CMS->Edit (Secure Payment item)?

Or, if you don't want it at all, maybe delete the CMS item?

My 2 cents,

pascal

N.B. Just to see if the front page is (still/also) dependent on the Top menu module configuration, maybe add or delete some items and see if the front page changes accordingly or if it has no change as a result at all. Let us know the outcome of your investigation...

PascalVG,

Hi Bruce, strange problem. As if the front page has it's 'own copy' of the Top menu somehow...

Exactly and I cannot get ride of this top menu in this page.

I am confused because my Top Horizontal Menu has to be dispalyed with my domain name link but unfortunatly it is not.

As you see the second link has en on it (which I think it's related to English language).

Did you try to turn 'Displayed' off on the CMS->Edit (Secure Payment item)?

Yes and I deleted it completly, see the screen shots.

N.B. Just to see if the front page is (still/also) dependent on the Top menu module configuration, maybe add or delete some items and see if the front page changes accordingly or if it has no change as a result at all. Let us know the outcome of your investigation...

From back-office I decreased the number of Featured products in Home page from 24 products to 6 products and clicked on Save button, refreshed and clear Recent History in my browser. Nothing changes in front office, it shows always 24 products in Featured product.

Thank you

post-154019-0-25466600-1371252187_thumb.jpg

yaniv14,Nemo1,

I guess all these problems started when my hosting placed the SSL certificate and I asked them why I don't see https in my pages and then they tried to help me.

Here is the reply from my hosting:

It may look like the site is not loading correctly but this is normal. Basically, the site is hard coded to use the HTTP protocol to get the site's images and CSS files. Your browser by default is configured to not use HTTP when you are using HTTPS. In order to correct this, you would need to adjust your site to use relative links as opposed to absolute links that define which protocol to use.

Nemo1,

Have you tried disabling url rewrites and regenerating or erasing your htaccess?

When I disable the 'Friendly URL' the images are not loading in front office and I get the big question marks instead of images.

I'm attaching a screen shot of my back-office URL's, that may give you an idea.

Nemo1,

Regarding regenerating or erasing your htaccess, I don't know how do it since I am not coder but if it's not difficult and risky, It would be helpfull if you can give me some direction.

Thank you both for your help.

Just a hunch: images disappear on the homepage only, right? For some reason, your hosting is serving a cached version of the homepage. There is little we can do at the moment I believe, they must solve the issue for you

Nemo1,

Just a hunch: images disappear on the homepage only, right?

No, when I disable Friendly URL from back-office the images disappear from whole website, from all products, top horizontal menu, etc...and I get a broken page with Prestashop 404 message.

I keep the Friendly URL disabled until you view the website and reply to me, and then I enable it.

Thank you

Latest update from my hosting:

I have gone to the links and looked for the blinking free shipping image or text but I am not seeing anything. Since the 404 page in the screen shot is a prestashop 404 page and not the Apache 404 page it is an issue with your rewrites and you will want to talk to Prestashop or a developer on how to fix the broken rewrites for that link or item.

I was suspecting that the .htaccess could be the reason of the problem.

Actually I found 2 .htaccess files in my hosting, one located in the root folder and the other one in themes folder.

So I contacted my hosting and explained the issue that I have with Top Horizontal Menu and that I get a message in my back-office that "URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server"

Here is the latest response I got today from my hosting:

We are actually finding many .htaccess files:

./.htaccess

./modules/.htaccess

.. ./themes/.htaccess

.htaccess files work in a hierarchy structure, with new directives over writing the rules of the parent. However we are not seeing anything in these .htaccess files that should cause any issues. As you will see from the following log snippet mod_rewrite is enabled on your server:

Loaded Modules:

core_module (static)

alias_module (static)

rewrite_module (static)

There is a possibility that your browser cache is outdated and not displaying the updated version of the site. Please try clearing your browser cache, as per the instructions at the link below:

Very confusing because I get still the URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server" message in my back-office, and I have still top horizontal menu problem even after clearing browser cache.

What do you think?

Thank you

Just checking, but why is the Post marked as solved? Has this been solved already? If so, please share the solution, as I'm extremely curious what's wrong here. Must be some cache problems, as changes made don't reflect on one of the pages. Is there any special cache for ssl pages or so???

Please let us know if it's solved, otherwise we need to change the header...

pascal