Regenerate Thumbnails always cause 500 inter server error

My shop url is www.grandcoralaustralia.com.au/Granndcoral (Prestashop v1.5.4.1 runs on linux)

I asked support from hosting service to increase the execution time and memory limit according to the following code.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 600 ; Max execution time, in seconds

max_input_time = 600 ; Max parsing request time in seconds

memory_limit = 256M ; Max memory a script may consume

max_input_vars = 3000; Max number of Post variables

suhosin.post.max_vars = 3000;

suhosin.request.max_vars = 3000;

The technical support sent email back to confirm that they have already adjust for me but I still have

a problem with regenerate image thumbnails.

Instead of select all in one time I changed it by select > products> home_defualt> unclick erase previous images > regenerate thumbnails. The result is always error.

Is there any other way to figure it out by adjusting any config, code not reimport?

Another problem is create watermark that does not succeed.

post-547408-0-05355700-1370578384_thumb.png

Edited by Xarapauy (see edit history)

Yes, what I meant was if it happens right after you click, or the page loads for some time before crashing. And, is it working if you turn the module off now? Have you turned errors on as suggested in my signature?

Yes, what I meant was if it happens right after you click, or the page loads for some time before crashing. And, is it working if you turn the module off now? Have you turned errors on as suggested in my signature?

I turned errors on as you suggested in your signature and also turned off Pretashop watermark module but it still error. (Long site......what eles should I do?)

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm having the same issue.

If I try to regenerate the thumbnails and erase the previous ones I get a 500 error - I turned on error reporting but just the generic 500 appears no others.

If I set erase to 'No' I get this error

Cannot write "No picture" image to (categories) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions.

I have tried changing the permissions of my ..../img folder from 755 to 777 as suggested in other posts but this didn't do anything.

I haven't upgraded I've done a fresh install of 1.6.0.13 and added products from scratch (due to a previous error I was unable to fix).

Any suggestions?