Need a Prestashop 1.5.3.1 Guru

I have a site that has been running, not perfectly but has been up for a couple of months. I made some changes and all seemed ok. Then I noticed I was getting no traffic, visited the site and saw this message.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at shop4utax.co.uk Port 80

I checked the mobile site and that runs ok. I tried going back and removing the modules I added but that didn't help.

I need someone who can help me fix this and provide ongoing advice on an adhoc hourly rate. Not sure if this is posted in the right place but please respond if interested. Good English would be an advantage as I may struggle to explain technical terms.

ok I now have 2 error codes

[Wed Jun 05 09:09:26 2013] [error] [client 80.40.134.120] File does not exist: /home/shoputax/public_html/frontend, referer: http://www.shop4utax.co.uk/frontend/x3/stats/errlog.html

[Wed Jun 05 09:09:26 2013] [error] [client 80.40.134.120] File does not exist: /home/shoputax/public_html/robots.txt, referer: http://www.shop4utax.co.uk/robots.txt

php error log is usually located in your FTP service, search for /log/ /tmp/ dir and check .txt files there.

It may be that your hosting provider has blocked your access to this file. If so - ask them for logs

Hows this?

[14-May-2013 10:52:17] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

thrown in /home/shoputax/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 57

[14-May-2013 10:53:10] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

[14-May-2013 10:53:11] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

Not sure if I'm honest how I would do that. All I know is that I added some extra category,

uninstalled 2 payment modules and added eBay and Jiraffe (since removed). I wouldn't have changed any MYSQL and wouldn't know how to. How do I check?

your issue is related to the database connection (there is a problem to connect to the database).

follow steps:

While these messages are fairly general and can be for different errors as well, it is best to then turn on the error reporting. The error should then display with the beginning portion reading "Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PrestaShopDatabaseException' with message 'Link to database cannot be established."

To troubleshoot the database configuration:

• Navigate to the PrestaShop 1.5 root folder.
  • From there, find your way to the config folder.
  • Once in the config folder, locate the file named settings.inc.php This is the file with all of the database settings.
  • The table below shows your the four database settings. Ensure that each one is correct. The data shown is sample data, so you will need to know the connection data for your own installation.

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');
    define('_DB_NAME_', 'your_database_name');
    define('_DB_USER_', 'your_database_user_name');
    define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'your_database_password');
  • Once you have corrected the database settings and saved the file, refresh the page to see if the site displays. If so, you may turn off the error reporting.

That is how you troubleshoot a database connection error in PrestaShop 1.5.

• 2 years later...

your issue is related to the database connection (there is a problem to connect to the database).

follow steps:

Hello,

I have the same issue now and i followed your steps, but in settings.inc.php everything is fine. I am using PS 1.6.1.4. at the moment.

The line what i receive is this:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2013] Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading authorization packet',system error: 0

I tried to find something with Google, but this does not ring the bell to me at all.

More information:

1) this error appears unexpectedly (i cannot repeat the steps to recause the error)

2) the error message goes off after a minute or 2. When this error message is ON i cannot even login via phpmyadmin to the SQL (error there: Error 2006 Cannot login)

Anyone had something similar in the past?

Please help me to solve this problem.

Many thanks!

Your database is dying on you. Contact your host and give them that error. 

Hi,

I gave them this already, the answer was "you can switch to MariaDB 5.5"

since i am not familiar with MariaDB, i do not know that PrestaShop will run on that?

Do you know that?

It should work just fine with Mariadb. 

Ok thanks! i will give a try now.

Do you know that i need to reinstall prestashop from strach, or create a new database and "copypaste" will also work? (i am trying to ask if there is any additional settings in PrestaShop which i might overlook if i do not reinstall from strach :(   )

Thanks!