removing the quantity box

I am setting up a shop, and I have my quantities (they come in packs of 20) this is fine for what I need , BUT for some reason I also get the default quantity box with the product , how I remove this default Quantity: box ?

for example:-
Colour = white
Size = small
Number of Packs = 10

Quantity: = 1 - it is this bit I need to remove

kind regards
Voodoo

Hi fe1lho,

Sorry I should have said yes it's version 1.2.
I already have the "Display Quantity on product page": set to NO
I also have the "Enable Stock Management" set to NO
I also have the "Allow ordering out-of-stock product" set to NO

Any ideas - is there some sort of other over ride , that maybe is in place that I have missed?

I've also test this on my PS 1.2 version, and the result is the same.
So if I understand correctly, I've said no on Display the product quantity on the Product list.
And when I display the product list, I see the quantities.
So is it a BUG ?

re
To remove the quatity box from the product page you will need to edit the product.tpl directly and delete the code that corresponds to area. About line 255 should be the right area.

Sorry I didnt read this - I will edit the file and see how I get on - thanks in advance
voodoo

• 3 weeks later...

From memory the product.tpl is in your theme folder , and like the posts have already said the code to comment out is around line 255, it is not just one line to remove - it is a section of code. If you know PHP and HTML you will be able to to recognise it.

For info - I have since re enabled this section of code and have got around my problem of price / attributes by using the product combi generator instead.

• 2 years later...

you can try changing it to something like... v1.4.8.2

<p id="quantity_wanted_p"{if (!$allow_oosp && $product->quantity <= 0) OR $virtual OR !$product->available_for_order OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE} style="display: none;"{/if}>

</p>

Edited by tjg (see edit history)

To remove the quatity box from the product page you will need to edit the product.tpl directly and delete the code that corresponds to area. About line 255 should be the right area.

This was my suggestion too in another post!

The hole reason I looked it up in the first place is because I needed to remove the box, however using a 3rd party theme and disabling it int he back office did nothing. Even though the suggestion i posted does remove the box it still doesn't work right comes back with a null error? Any suggestions about that??