Information Block

I've installed the information block that shows Delivery/Legal Notice/Conditions, but how do I edit the information?  I thought I was on the right track by looking at the delivery.php file, and then thought it was pointing me to delivery.tpl, but the text I see there doesn't seem to be really the same as what is displayed in my storefront when I click on "delivery," so I mist be looking in the wrong place. 

Could someone please point me to the file I should edit, to change the policies in these three links?

Thanks!

You need to go to back office--> Tools ---> Translations --> 'Front Office' (Selected by default) --> Click on the flag that corresponds with the language you are using.

I recommend just searching for a small section of what you want to change.

Hmm, well I tried downloading that file from the default themes directory, but there is no delivery.php file--only a TPL file.  This is the file I was talking about--when I open it, it doesn't reflect exactly what I see in my front office (i.e. it reads, "Packs are generally dispatched under 2 days after your payment reception and travel by colissimo..." rather than "Packages are generally dispatched within 2 days after receipt of payment and are shipped via Colissimo..." which is what the customer sees."  This leads me to believe that I'm not looking at the right source file.

I tried looking in the Tools>Translations section too, but can't find anything that pertains to the Delivery / Legal Notice / Conditions blocks on my page.

Can someone please clarify this for me?

Thanks!

Right you can either edit the delivery.tpl and hard code in your conditions/legal notice/conditions or you can use the translations.

Personally I would use the translations otherwise when you update you have to remember all the minor alterations you done and to wich file. Translations can all be exported and re-imported after running the update.

As before tools --> translations --> front office.........then:-

For legals: Search for [Your legals]

For conditions: search for [Your conditions]

For Delivery: Search for Colissimo Extra

Search for exactly as the bold italics above and you will find the string you need to edit. Re-Type what you want to appear and you should be OK.

Granted some people have had problems with translations but I have tried to keep it to a minimum for this reason and have not had a single error.

Let me know how you get on.

Okay, I see what the problem was.  I was in translations, but didn't have the fields expanded, so when I searched for those terms, nothing came up.

I see how the translations work now, and why what I was seeing in the TPL file was slightly different than what shows up in my front office.  However, it seems to me like it would still be easier to edit the TPL file, because that way you can control how many paragraph breaks there are, and also keep the punctuation consistent, whereas in translations you have to replace each paragraph that appears in the TPL file with something, and it can lead to double-punctuation marks if the TPL paragraph is already punctuated.

Glad I figured it out though, thanks!

Yeah its not problem to edit the .tpl files but you will have to remember to keep a backup of them and to copy them across when the next RC/Stable release comes out.

I'm not a programmer but I believe it looks different on the .tpl file as it is calling the translations from the database. As long as you delete

<h2>{l s='Shipments and returns'}</h2>

<h3>{l s='Your pack shipment'}</h3>

<p>{l s='Packages are generally dispatched within 2 days after receipt of payment and are shipped via Colissimo with tracking and drop-off without signature. If you prefer delivery by Colissimo Extra with required signature, an additional cost will be applied, so please contact us before choosing this method. Whichever shipment choice you make,'} {$conf.POS_SHOP_NAME} {l s='we will provide you with a link to track your package online.'}</p>
<p>{l s='Shipping fees include handling and packing fees as well as postage costs. Handling fees are fixed, whereas transport fees vary according to total weight of the shipment. We advise you to group your items in one order. We cannot group two distinct orders placed separately, and shipping fees will apply to each of them. Your package will be dispatched at your own risk, but special care is taken to protect fragile objects'}.<br /><br />{l s='Boxes are amply sized and your items are well-protected'}.</p>

It will work fine.

Got it.

There doesn't seem to be any English translations of the Legal Notice or Conditions though, so I guess I'll just have to remove those.

However, when I look at the source for the main page, it tells me it's reading from sitemap.php; so I downloaded that file, thinking I could just delete the links to Legal Notice and Conditions or put something else in their place, but this doesn't seem to be the right file.  What file can I edit to delete these 2 links from showing up? 

Thanks!