[SOLVED] Allow Zip Code format with hyphen (0000-000)

CSilva

Hi there,

is it possible to change the zip code format from 0000 000 to 0000-000 (with an hyphen), or to allow it both ways?

In Portugal we usually use it with hyphen, so it's possible that many clients get an error message when inserting it in the address form.

thanks,

Edited by CSilva (see edit history)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a customer that is trying to register from Canada. She keeps getting the "invalid zip code format". I have checked the back office under the "Localization" tab then "Canada" and the format says LNL NLN and that's how the zip is entered: V4V 1P4 but we get an error message every time.

I've seen some other links here with zip code issues and people talking about the "country" tab under the "shipping", I don't have that in my back office. No tab or section that says "country". When I go to the "shipping" tab I have the following options: Shipping, Carriers, Weight ranges and Price Ranges. When I click on the "shipping" the carriers (you click on one)come up and the price ranges etc.

Hopefully someone can help, right now I have customers who can't even register..

• 7 months later...

It appears SwedishandSweet added a problem to an already solved thread many months ago - I suppose they have long since found the answer.  (I don't know what the answer was, but my guess is that they can't have a space in the middle of the postal code.  But I could be wrong)

In any case THANK YOU!!!! I've been searching for where I can change the zip code format for US because the system wouldn't let users put in their whole zip code, only the first five digits, which isn't always enough.  It seems like a strange place to put such information until you really think about it (since every country has their own format for postal codes.  Just once I'd like to see everyone get together and agree on a single world-wide standard - wouldn't that be nice?  Of course then technology users would save millions and technology programmers would lose millions because no one would be paying them to individualize each and every system for each and every country..... but I digress.)

ADDITIONALLY stumbling onto this thread answered another question I had - how to eliminate the $%#^&*%^$ birthday in the account form.  In the US asking someone's birthday is sort of a personal question and may scare off potential contributors (my Prestashop collects contributions for non-profit organizations in return for premiums).   So THANK YOU AGAIN for answering my unasked question of how to eliminate the birthday (without going into programming).  Of course I have to test it yet - but it looks promising. 

Regards

CJ Rhoads

• Like 1

A quick update - the birthdate still appears in the new account page, but now people can leave it blank (whereas before I had added the direction: Optional: Enter 01/01/1901 to skip. through translations so people could skip it)  Now I can just say it is optional so people don't have to enter anything to skip it.

Regards

CJ Rhoads