CSV Import Error

Hi

I am trying to import a CSV file , but it is showing error

Property Product->name is empty

I have already write the product name on that CSV file.

Please help ! or anyone can send me a sample working CSV file for PrestaShop 1.5 ?

I tried to share one that works - I'm not permitted to upload files. Pasting it in didn't work either. : (

Make sure that you are choosing the correct type of file (products, not categories, etc.)

If you have uploaded more than one file, you may need to find the correct file. It will NOT automatically be the one showing. Click on the drop down button and you'll see a complete list.

Be sure to match your file headings with those that are showing above them. Go all the way through the file headings to the end. If you don't see enough different file headings, you probably need to go back and choose the right file.

good luck!

Edited by Sale2day (see edit history)

I am using 1.5.4.1 and I can see the sample file, it shows when you click on the comment below the Upload/select csv file. The sample file is incomplete in my view though.. it does not show a sample of subcategories. There are a few gotchas in there, the id of the category needs to start from 3 (anything but 1/2) and is a must although PS does not say that. There also maybe some issues around special characters.

I am using 1.5.4.1 and I can see the sample file, it shows when you click on the comment below the Upload/select csv file. The sample file is incomplete in my view though.. it does not show a sample of subcategories. There are a few gotchas in there, the id of the category needs to start from 3 (anything but 1/2) and is a must although PS does not say that. There also maybe some issues around special characters.

]

33jo9rm.jpg

Please check the above image , there is no link for sample file.

It's on line 2 on your screenshot: It reads "Click to see our sample import csv files"

Between the entry "Your CSV file (15 lines)" where you have a csv filename and the question "what kind of Entity would you like to import" where you've got 'Products' selected.

Edited by kkm (see edit history)

It's on line 2 on your screenshot: It reads "Click to see our sample import csv files"

Between the entry "Your CSV file (15 lines)" where you have a csv filename and the question "what kind of Entity would you like to import" where you've got 'Products' selected.

I have edit the sample file and it is also showing the same error

1. (ID: id,Active (0/1),Name*,Categories (x,y,z,...),Price tax excl. Or Price tax excl,Tax rules id,Wholesale price,On sale (0/1),Discount amount,Discount percent,Discount from (yyy-mm-dd),Discount to (yyy-mm-dd),Reference #,Supplier reference #,Supplier,Manufacturer,EAN13,UPC,Ecotax,Weight,Quantity,Short description,Description,Tags (x,y,z,...),Meta-title,Meta-keywords,Meta-description,URL rewritten,Text when in-stock,Text if back-order allowed,Image URLs (x,y,z,...),Feature,Only available online) cannot be saved Property Product->name is empty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...