PrestaShop 1.5.4.1 CSV Import error-Sample CSV File

Have the same problem.. why cant I reply to this topic ?

I have the exact same problem..

After I try to import my file (I uploaded it for you to see here http://eshop.ekoprof...ucts_import.csv ) I get errors:

Plastové okno Fixné okno v ráme(Fix v ráme) 1 (ID: 0001) cannot be saved

Property Product->available_for_order is not valid

Plastové okno Fixné okno v ráme(Fix v ráme) 2 (ID: 0002) cannot be saved

Dont know what to do.. I red like 20 discussions on how to solve this issue.. I stripped desription of any tags I even used one simple word for the descritpion columns.. nothing

I even downloaded presta anew.. made a fresh installation, went to the CSV import page and downloaded the sample csv .. and then tryed to import that one.. guess what? Same error.

Can someone please advise what am I doing wrong?

Much appreciated.

Edited by marecekloool (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I sorted my issue.

Start a new csv. And by new I mean BRAND NEW.

Go to Prestashop back office

Click on products

Click on import

Where it says this >>>> What kind of entity would you like to import?

Click on products

Down the right hand side there are "Available fields" to insert into your csv file.

Add those to the top line of whatever program you're using. I recommend Open Office as Excel 2010 has some issues with opening csv files.

Otherwise try Rons Editor, just google it.

Remember when importing, skip 1 line (The available fields you have made)

Also remember to check that the fields in your back office correspond to the ones when you're importing.

Hope this helps some folk. I battled for ages because the forums weren't helpful at all. just confused me even more.

Cheers,

Ad

• Like 1

Hi adrenalin

I have been using presta for some years now, I have done many many imports for many eshops but ever since I have started to use 1.5 I can't import anymore and noone will help. I have written multiple threds on this subjects red all the suggested solutions (many people have this same issue as I have) but nothing works.

thank you so much for your reply, it gave me hope.

anyway I tried it like you said, I created a brand new CSV from scratch,just some basic products to test it out and I am still getting the same error.

>> I uploaded the CSV file, I clicked on products/import

>> I Choose to import a product entity

>> Language is set so is my field separator, everything else stays untouched

>> I press NEXT and I check to skip the first line

>> I check the columns to correspond with the information type I am importing there

>> I press IMPORT and I only get the error message thet all my products could not be saved as shown before..

I am attaching my CSV file that I am using, if someone could check it and tell me what am I doing wrong?

Can I please ask you Adrenalin to upload a sample of your product CSV , please I am desperate..

Thanks and may the force be with you all...

Where is your CSV file?

I am not permitted to upload csv files here. You're welcome to pm me for my email address and I will give it to you so we can liaise that way.

Hello! Alternatively, you can change the extension of the csv file to .txt and then once you download it, you can change it back to .csv to view.

Hi guys

first off the sample CSVs that you get with presta are plain bad.. you can try download and import them and you just get errors, thats a shame because they are supposed to show you how to create import files.

I started from scratch, created a fresh new text file, this time I used commas instead of semicolons (not sure if I wrote that right -> this , instead of this ; ) and it finally works!

My main mistake was I was relying on the provided sample CSVs to be working ok, but they aren't. Maybe prestashop should take a look at those, so the other prestausers wont have this problem again.

Still not sure what was wrong with them to begin with, but I dont have time to solve this little mystery too, I have a shop to finish! :)

Thanks again for all your help and as Adrenaline said: start from scratch, check if the columns are properly assigned in the import process and skip the first line if you are using column headers.

Edited by marecekloool (see edit history)

Hi Abhishek, thank you for coming back to tell us. If it's possible, it would be great to attach your sample .csv that worked for you. It would really help other users set theirs up.

you can rename the extension from .csv to .txt and then attach it here.

Sure Benjamin, I would love to help the community.

Here is my csv files. Please take care of following things while uploading it.

> I have replaced multiple value separator by tilde(~) as some my values contained comma(,)

> Change .txt to .csv

> Force ID's (to ignore auto increment)

Note: I successfully uploaded this file on PS1.5.4.1

file.txt

Edited by Abhishek Gupta (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Thank you for the clarification, are you using the latest version? v1.5.4.1?

Hello Benjamin Utterback

I need your help man. Actually after i uploaded that CSV file, the search is not working for the products i uploaded through CSV. Please help me i'm looking for a solution from past 4 hours.

Even i tested that it is not even working on localhost. Please check the CSV i attached earlier and let me know where is the problem.

Hey i sorted the problem but still looking for a solution, actually i uploaded with zero quantity that's why it was not working. But later i uploaded combinations with good quantity (20-25) but still search is not working. I have to manually edit the quantity, only then the product was visible in search.

Edited by Abhishek Gupta (see edit history)

Sorry if i'm jumping the gun.

Search is activated through your "tags (x,y,z)" indicator on your csv. If those are filled out, the search works.

Had that issue myself.

Hello Adrenalin

Search still works if tags are not added. I uploaded 30 products manually without tags and all of them are visible in appropriate search.

• 2 months later...

Thanks @Dolke  . Its worked. But  I am unable to  take product descriptions with html tag elements. I want  them to appear on product description page in styled format.

I used  like this "<p>Long Description</p><br/> <b>Point 1</b><br /><b>Point 2</b>". But not uploading .  and looks messy.

I m really desperate  ... what is the actual syntax for it.... :(

Edited by Pankaj Kumar (see edit history)

Right now I'm doing similar work on my product as well. Specifically I want to make long description for each product and have some of the text inside certain html tags like headings, <b> etc.

I also didnt know what kind of syntax Prestashop needs for html tags inside CSV file so I took opposite approach.

I went to back office and open one product. I edited long description filed, insert some heading tags, some bold text and other html tags I wanted, exported that product into a CSV file and finally saw how do I need to type html tags in my CSV files in order for Prestashop to accept it with out issues.

I hope this helps

• Like 1

Prestashop doesnt have that feature (CSV export) but you have option to create custom SQL queries and make CSV possible.

It a little bit harder and I think Prestashop should have export feature as well but it is worth trying...

Take a look at this topic: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/143083-how-can-i-export-my-products-to-a-csv-file/

Also try searching the forums for other topics...and take a look at Nemo1's article here > http://nemops.com/prestashop-export-products/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello

I create a fresh csv file and import through the csv importer in prestashop but not successfull so anybody help me

Its like you are asking:

Hi, I have a car, it just stopped so I cant drive. Can someone help me?

You need to provider details like, which PS version do you use, attach CSV file you are trying to import, if any error occurred during the import you need to copy/paste its content and anything else that can be of use for people trying to help you.

i used prestashop 1.6.x version and this csv file

import time errors

1. No Name (ID: 6 http://demo.rctpl.org/prestashop/img/p/1/6/16.jpg Printed Summer Dress demo_6 RCT Prestashop 30.502569 34.32 900 1) cannot be saved
  2. Property Product->name is empty
  3. No Name (ID: 7 http://demo.rctpl.org/prestashop/img/p/1/1.jpg Faded Short Sleeve T-shirts demo_7 RCT Prestashop 16.51 18.57 1798 1) cannot be saved
  4. No Name (ID: 8 http://demo.rctpl.org/prestashop/img/p/1/0/10.jpg Printed Dress demo_8 RCT Prestashop 50.994153 57.37 899 1) cannot be saved

product_2014-12-26_111710.csv.zip

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

i'm using prestashop 1.6.0.9. after move my site into live, i'm not able to import my products. if shows the following error.

[PrestaShopException]

Parent category does not exist
at line 374 in file classes/Category.php

368.         if (!$this->id_parent)
369.             return 0;
371.         $parent_category = new Category((int)$this->id_parent);
372.         if (!Validate::isLoadedObject($parent_category))
373.             throw new PrestaShopException('Parent category does not exist');
374.         return $parent_category->level_depth + 1;
375.     }
377.     /**
378.      * Re-calculate the values of all branches of the nested tree

plz help me.immediately because my site in live. thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello ,

Can we import Bulk data into our store through the excel file .xls file in any easy way because while uploading and editing with the .csv file its format gets change and its very much hard to get use to with a person when there is more then 500 products to upload per day for a person.

i want to do the excel sheet product uploading process like this is it possible

http://sellerhelp.snapdeal.com/?p=826

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't you handle your data in .XLS file and after you populated all the products export that data into .CSV file and then use Prestashop import feature?

Otherwise you might consider getting eMagicOne Store Manager for Prestashop.

• 1 year later...