"There are no products" in Mobile Theme parent categories.

I am having some troubles with my default mobile theme in 1.5.4. I have all of my products set up in sub-categories. So the parent categories have no products, but rather contain the subcategories which contain the products. In my mobile theme, I get this message that just says "There are no products..." and when you click on the parent category, it still says no products are available. But what is worse, it will not expand to show the subcategories or the category tree. So no one can get past the empty parent category.

What do I need to do to fix this so customers can see the products are in the subcategories?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having exactly the same problem with 1.5.3. When there is a simple one level category, it shows fine on the mobile theme; when there is a sub-category it shows " There are no products..." and you can't navigate anywhere in that particular heirarchy.

If someone has answered, or has an answer to this, please could they point me in the right direction.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

We had the same problem and we figured it out! We have 2 sollutions for you:

1. There are two categories.tpl files in the /themes/default and /themes/default/mobile separately. Copy the codes of subcategories from first one to the mobile one.

2. Find the file category.tpl in the folder themes/default/mobile/ go to line 56 and after that line:{include file="./pagination.tpl"}

And insert the next text:{include file="./category-tree-branch.tpl"}

It should work perfectly now. I hope this was helpful for all of you!

Edited by adekopromo (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the same problem. I moved my fully functioning 1.5.3.1 installation to a new web host server and all of a sudden no products when browsing in my mobile. It shows a mobile theme and all. Any advice. Above changes in category.tpl - instruction- did not help me.

I have also been having this problem and have searched the forums and still havent found a proper solution.

Here is what i have done which seems to work........

Firstly goto themes/"Your-Theme"/mobile/sitemap.tpl and comment out/or remove lines 34-42

{for $i=0 to 4}
			{if isset($categoriesTree.children.$i)}
				<li data-icon="arrow-d">
					<a href="{$categoriesTree.children.$i.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$categoriesTree.children.$i.desc|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}">
						{$categoriesTree.children.$i.name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}
					</a>
				</li>
			{/if}
		{/for}

This will remove the category tabs in the mobile site apart from the "All Categories" tab

So then you can click on the "All Categories" tab and this will list all your categories, you can then click on any of your categories and see the sub-categories.

ALSO: if you have your products listed in sub-categories and not under the main categories then you will need to goto themes/"Your-Theme"/mobile/category-tree-branch.tpl and comment out/or remove lines 30-34

<li>
				<a href="{$node.link|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" title="{$node.desc|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}" data-ajax="false">
					{l s='See products'}
				</a>
			</li>

This will certainly work for me unless someone comes up with a better solution

And my server does support PDO Mysql, so that isnt the problem !!!!

Edited by mickeyboy1 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi there,

I had this problem too and it's was really simply.

You need to check out a couple of things:

-go to Preferences/Themes and check out that theme is enable on mobile devices.

- go to modules/modules and search "layered navigation block" and chek out that it's enable on mobile devices (you must to have this module correctly configured with a template filter etc...)

-clear cache on back office and on your mobile device too before to see the results.

Edited by Elixe (see edit history)